VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi ,

At the moment there is no " Wireless Monitor Protocol" hardware and software beased so we still need to make connection between our pc and tv via cable if we want to use HDTV as a pc monitor. I know that there are some wireless transmitters but they are expensive and not much common. I have many friends who wants to know if there is a chance that they can use their HDTV as a pc monitor without cable by using their wireless modem.

My aim is to use a software like Virtualdub or AVS script and stream windows destop and with DNLA feature of the HDTV to watch the streamed desktop over wireless network. This will actually not be a real wireless monitor connection but if it works it will be a tricky way to use the tv as a wireless monitor. I am aware that DNLA is not a very userfriendly and helpfull platform but maybe it can be possible.

There are some virtual webcam programs which can stream desktop , also in the forum there is a codec which can stream desktop for screen capture purposes.

Any ideas on this topic?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is wireless transfer will require the desktop to be compressed with a codec and if done in software, there will be a significant delay. It needs a hardware compression solution.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am aware that is normaly inputlagd in HDTVs and this will add more 100ms of delay. This idea will never be suitable for hardcore gamers . As you have also remindend all the oprations are shold be held by hardware level , this is for sure the best solution. But for normal users and ordinary applications this can be used (if it can be done in a way)
    Quote Quote