VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear friends,

i recently bought a DVB-T MPEG4 decoder that also doubles as a PVR.

It records in .ts format.

I was wandering if there is a free tool that I could edit those .ts media files and cut out commercials.

Thank you in advance for any replies...
    Quote Quote  
  2. if it's a mpeg2 in the ts you can try project x you can cut (edit) comms demux to (ES) or remux. tell me if you need help with it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try TSSniper . Maybe that will do the job.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    AVIDEMUX will do what you want. Open your .ts file, mark the start of the commercial break with the 'A' & the end of the commercial break with the 'B', then go 'edit-cut'. Repeat for each segment you with to remove, set your preferred output format/container then 'file-save-save video'.

You can leave audio & video set to 'copy' (which is the quickest option) or you can take the opportunity to export to a smaller filesize format such as .avi by setting video to MPEG-4 ASP (xvid), audio to AC3, MP3 etc. & container to AVI.

The way I do it now is to convert .ts to .avi first using MCE Buddy, use AVIDEMUX to cut the commercials, leave audio & video set to 'copy' and re-save the file as an .avi. Perfect lip-sync & much smaller file size.

Hope this helps!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you all very much for the replies. I will give a quick trial on all three tools proposed here and pick the one I find more flexible and reliable. Thanks once more for all the support.
    Quote Quote