VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have BDRebuilder version v0.37.03(beta). I used ANYDVDHD to RIP a image from my Lost Season 1 Blu-Ray disc. Then I mount with virtual clone drive. Then I tried to shrink the file down with BDRebuilder version v0.37.03(beta) to a BD-9 and I get this error. Do I need to RIP video dvd to hard disk instead of Rip image with ANYDVDHD? Why do I get this error. My BDRebuilder worked fine with the older version.

- ERROR in attempt to reencode audio (AFTEN) [AUD_00000__4352.AVS]
    [00:20:30] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by neworldman View Post
    I have BDRebuilder version v0.37.03(beta). I used ANYDVDHD to RIP a image from my Lost Season 1 Blu-Ray disc. Then I mount with virtual clone drive. Then I tried to shrink the file down with BDRebuilder version v0.37.03(beta) to a BD-9 and I get this error. Do I need to RIP video dvd to hard disk instead of Rip image with ANYDVDHD? Why do I get this error. My BDRebuilder worked fine with the older version.

[00:20:30] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted

Looks like I can only use the movie only mode in BDRebuilder with my Lost Season 1 BD. Why? It also will only let me shrink one episode at a time. Will it be like this for all of me TV BD rips?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe you want to have a look at the official bug thread here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716

ggtop
    Quote Quote  
  4. It would help if you ran inspect.exe and posted the report. Also, the full log of the failed encode.

Really, without some useful information one can only guess, and you've provided none.

There are quite a few possible causes for that error. Are you using correct versions of the helper apps? Have you recently installed something that may have altered filter priority?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    It would help if you ran inspect.exe and posted the report. Also, the full log of the failed encode.

Really, without some useful information one can only guess, and you've provided none.

There are quite a few possible causes for that error. Are you using correct versions of the helper apps? Have you recently installed something that may have altered filter priority?
    I ran inspect exe. This is what I got. I tried many times to download HAALI Splitter. I still get the (Isn't recommended version). Is there a certain version I need to use. I am using BDRebuilder version v0.37.03(beta).

Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
    - AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
    - HAALI Splitter: Isn't recommended version
    - FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
    - WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
    - WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
    - WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
    - FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
    - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - BD Rebuilder v0.37.0.3, Ok
    - X264: Ok
    - AFTEN: Ok
    - FAAC: Ok
    - MP4BOX: Ok
    - WAVI: Ok
    - TSMUXER: Ok

Here is the error

[09:42:55] BD Rebuilder v0.37.03 (beta)
    - Source: LOST_SEASON1_DISC1
    - Input BD size: 44.66 GB
    - Approximate total content: [03:50:11.570]
    - Target BD size: 7.84 GB
    - Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
    - Auto Quality: High Quality (Default), Two Pass
    - Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
    [09:43:00] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [09:43:00] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
    - [09:43:01] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 54)
    - [09:43:01] Collecting video information
    - Source Video: MPEG-2, 1920x1080
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 144 frames
    - [09:43:01] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 1
    - [09:43:31] Video Encode complete
    - [09:43:31] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
    [09:43:32] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted
    Quote Quote  
  6. Uninstall Haali, then delete the folder in Programs. It's been known to get corrupted and not uninstall cleanly. Wouldn't hurt to run a registry cleaner while you're at it, like CCleaner. Reboot, then download and install the version of Haali on the first page of the bug report thread:

That's the most likely cause, so try it and see.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Uninstall Haali, then delete the folder in Programs. It's been known to get corrupted and not uninstall cleanly. Wouldn't hurt to run a registry cleaner while you're at it, like CCleaner. Reboot, then download and install the version of Haali on the first page of the bug report thread:

That's the most likely cause, so try it and see.
    Thanks for the help. I did all of this and still error. For some reason BDRebuilder doesn't like my Lost BD. Is there a program that can take my episodes out of my Blu-Ray iso and shrink them down to iso or MKV BD-9 or BD-5? I have tried DVDFAB it only makes BDfolders not iso's. The iso's it makes won't play on my HD media players. What about ClownBD? I am using W7 ultimate. Thanks

- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
    [17:47:26] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [17:47:26] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
    - [17:47:28] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 54)
    - [17:47:28] Collecting video information
    - Source Video: MPEG-2, 1920x1080
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 144 frames
    - [17:47:28] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 1
    - [17:47:58] Video Encode complete
    - [17:47:58] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
    [17:47:58] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted

Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
    - AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
    - HAALI Splitter: Ok
    - FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
    - WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
    - WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
    - WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
    - FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
    - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - BD Rebuilder v0.37.0.3, Ok
    - X264: Ok
    - AFTEN: Ok
    - FAAC: Ok
    - MP4BOX: Ok
    - WAVI: Ok
    - TSMUXER: Ok
    Quote Quote  
  8. Okay, I checked and that particular disc has been done successfully with BDRB. Which isn't to say the latest BDRB version might not have a problem with it. IIRC, in at least two recent versions there have been audio bugs supposedly fixed. But it's still beta software, one thing gets fixed, another thing breaks. Try an earlier version if possible. You might try enabling the internal decoder in Settings, also disable IVTC and any filtering if you're using those options.

It's also possible you have a bad rip. I'd try again if I were you. BTW, in DVDFab you can copy to files, it's the Clone option that gives you an ISO.

You can extract episodes individually with Clown_BD and I suggest you convert the audio to 640kbs AC3 too while you're at it. Then BDRB would most likely be okay encoding the individual episodes and you could output whatever you like, e.g. MKV. I've had to do that on occasion when the audio has a discontinuity or sync byte missing, which happens sometimes with perfectly good rips from undamaged discs. Anyway, that's what Clown_BD usually tells me when I have a problem disc and BDRB throws an audio error. Clown_BD will tell you what's wrong with the audio and correct it for you, so long as you re-encode the audio instead of selecting "as is".

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I checked and that particular disc has been done successfully with BDRB. Which isn't to say the latest BDRB version might not have a problem with it. IIRC, in at least two recent versions there have been audio bugs supposedly fixed. But it's still beta software, one thing gets fixed, another thing breaks. Try an earlier version if possible. You might try enabling the internal decoder in Settings, also disable IVTC and any filtering if you're using those options.

It's also possible you have a bad rip. I'd try again if I were you. BTW, in DVDFab you can copy to files, it's the Clone option that gives you an ISO.

You can extract episodes individually with Clown_BD and I suggest you convert the audio to 640kbs AC3 too while you're at it. Then BDRB would most likely be okay encoding the individual episodes and you could output whatever you like, e.g. MKV. I've had to do that on occasion when the audio has a discontinuity or sync byte missing, which happens sometimes with perfectly good rips from undamaged discs. Anyway, that's what Clown_BD usually tells me when I have a problem disc and BDRB throws an audio error. Clown_BD will tell you what's wrong with the audio and correct it for you, so long as you re-encode the audio instead of selecting "as is".

Good luck.
    I tried those setting with older version same error. It must be a bad rip for BDRebuilder to read.... I got my DVDFAB to make good working DB5 files. As far as making iso with DVDFAB it can only make a iso of the full disc and not DB5. I already have this. But my PopcornHour C-200 and Dune player can play these folder Blu-ray DB5 files that DVDFAB makes. So I guess I will go this way for now. Seams weird if it is a bad rip since I riped two disc's so far and both same error on BDR and DVDFAB gets no errors.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Me too, nothing but audio aborted errors when I try to encode audio with rebuilder. But the rest works fine. What are the specs for your computer? New hard drive, new install of windows, nothing helps.
    Quote Quote