VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi All

Been using DVD Decrypter to rip my Music audio DVD tracks to seperate VOB files.

I notice that most of them have sync problems whereby the audio is out of sync to the video !

I have been told that this could be be down to protection on the DVD's and that DVD Decrypter can not deal with this ?

I also have Any DVD but my main requirment is to strip all music tracks on these DVD's to seperate VOB files.

1)

Is there a BETTER program out there to rip music DVD's to seperate VOBs, that can work with any DVD to over come and protection or just rip MUSIC DVD's much better than DVD decrypter, thus over comming this audio sync problem I have.

2)

As I have ripped many many music VOB files is there any program that can cure or resync vobs to get the audio in line with the video or will it be quicker to re rip the orginal DVD with another program other than DVD Decrypter

any help in this issue will be very much appreciated

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't speak for the encryption, but I've had no problem ripping titles from DvDs using NeroVision and its Import function. As well, this applies for all audio formats, even multi-track titles, or multiple channel streams and DTS. All streams have been kept intact and in sync where other tools have failed me with the same disc.

However, should any audio sync problem be apparent, a good tool that will correct this easily, assuming it's linear throughout, is TMPGEnc MPEG Editor.

Load title -> Cut-Edit -> Audio gap correction -> Enter audio shift (you can do trial and error in the interface until you're satisfied)

I think there's a free version of TMPGEnc which may do the exact thing.
    Last edited by PuzZLeR; 25th Jan 2011 at 00:21.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for your reply

Will investigate more with NeroVision, does NeroVision rip DVD Music Tracks to seperate VOB files ??

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have a lot of music DVDs where each song is a chapter, most of them are concerts but the few that I do have, I have no problems saving each song as a chapter with DVDdecrypter in IFO mode. That has always been the most reliable way for me. If there is a copy problem then you could always rip as Full DVD in DVD Fab and then use DVDdecrypter on the TS folder to get the separate chapters.

For curing sync issues in MPEG2 files, VideoRedo works great in quickfix mode but the new version is around $100. You can convert the MPEG2 files to H264 MP4 though, once you have the sync issues taken care of.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Johnnysh View Post
    ...does NeroVision rip DVD Music Tracks to seperate VOB files ??
    It all depends on how the DvD is authored and what is indicated as a "title". I own lots of music video DvDs, and from what I've seen, it varies.

If the music videos are on one timeline, in sequence, NeroVision will rip it as one file. But all you need is an MPEG editor to cut them afterwards. All will be in sync.

But if the DvD is authored with each music video being a separate title, NeroVision will rip each music video to a separate file. Again, it should be in sync.

Keep in mind, NeroVision rips them to .mpg files, which are equivalent to the respective .vob file(s) in the DvD structure, and with zero quality loss.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    DVDDecrypter is still the best way to do "chapters" in a concert DVD. Enable AnyDVD and disable DVDDecrypter's copy protection removal(though I've NEVER had to do that) and do it that way. If you still have sync errors look elsewhere for your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Hello

Thanks hech54 for your reply,

These are the settings I have used for DVD Decrypter, are they ok ??

"File System To Parse" AUTO
    "Remove Macrovision Protection" checked
    "Check For Structure Protection" checked
    "Hide Pack header Warnings" checked

under the "Other" heading, all should be checked
    Anything else can be left at default.
    Next click the "IFO Mode" tab.
    "Select Main Movie" unchecked
    "Enable Stream Processing" checked
    "Uncheck Suspect Cells" checked
    Set "File Splitting" to "By Chapter"
    "Copy IFO File" checked
    "Remove RC Protection" checked
    "Remove RCE Protection" checked
    Patch M2V Timecode" Checked
    Everything else under "IFO Mode" should be unchecked.
    NEXT, Click the "File Mode" tab
    "Select Files" none
    "Stream processing" set to "show all"
    "File Splitting" set to "By VOB ID"
    "Ignore Unreferenced VTS Sets" checked
    "Remove IFO Structure Protection" checked
    "Remove IFO RC Protection" checked
    "Remove IFO RCE Protection" checked
    "Patch M2V Timecode" checked
    NEXT
    Click the "Stream Processing" tab and make sure "Convert PCM to WAV" is checked.

Could any of these settings be causing my sync problems.

I also agree If I could get DVD Decrypter to work without sync problems it is by far the best app to RIP music DVD's

I have also been using DVD Decypter with Damon Tools (Virtual DRIVE) i.e. loading an DVD image into the virtual drive and then using DVD Decrypter to extract to multiple VOB files.

Thank you for any help in this matter
    Last edited by Johnnysh; 25th Jan 2011 at 04:12.
    Quote Quote  
  8. DVD Decrypter doesn't have synch problems. Are you saying that after decrypting the chapters with the music videos, when you play them they're out of synch? How are you playing them? Or are you also processing or converting them somehow, perhaps to another format, and afterwards they have synch problems? I haven't ever decrypted a chapter using DVD Decrypter and found the result was out of synch.

I don't feel like checking all my settings against yours, but just use the defaults, set it for IFO Mode, and select the chapter I wish to decrypt.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    IFO Mode
    File Splitting - By Chapter
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks

will try with just those settings,

The above settings I have for DVD Decrypter were suggested on a DJ Forum

Regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Keep in mind, splitting on a chapter point may lead to imperfections. It's not the program, it's the way it was authored, and rather carelessly. I've seen this on a few music video DvDs where at least a half second was cut from the beginning or end.

If it's one title with music videos in it, in sequence, I'd prefer to cut it myself. You can easily do this with an MPEG editor like TMPGEnc MPEG Editor, VideoReDo or Womble.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks again for your feedback
    Quote Quote