VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Looks very 2005 to me.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    nope its a real game and now apparently has a live release date. But this should be in the off topic forum anyway. Never really was into Duke Nukem - too sleazy for my taste. I like action and guts and stuff but not the extras in that game (ok actually Gears of War is a little too much for my taste but I do like violence in video games but not horror games).
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I understand that it is a new game, I was just commenting that after 12 years of faltering development, the style and graphics still look 2005, and not what we are getting from 2011 releases. Duke kind of had a novelty appeal - a FPS for the Leisure Suit Larry crowd, if you will. It was too OTT to be too offensive. This new one seems to follow the same philosophy, but it looks like it should be on source forge, and not the PS3/XBox 360.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Looks very 2005 to me.
    i assume you mean from a graphical standpoint, no? in that regard i agree, it certainly doesn't have the eye candy that most of the newer game engines have, but it's been my experience that games that feature excellent visuals usually lack in overall fun.

for me, some of the most fun to play games also featured mediocre (for their era's) graphics, such as postal 2, mindless, tasteless raunchy fun, i could play it for hours.

on a similar note, max payne 2 could hardly be accused of having state of the art graphics but it had a compelling story, created a gritty 50's detective movie style atmosphere and kept you captivated wanting to find out what happens next.

on the other hand, doom 3, crysis and their ilk though pretty to look at lacked in overall substance and i quickly became bored of them.

judging by the trailer DNF should be tons of fun to play and offer many hours of mindless, senseless escapism, hell it may be the first pc game in a long time that i will actually buy (hopefully there'll be a demo to try out first).
    Quote Quote