VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

Two questions:

I have a MOV file that I have captured and need to edit

1) The first issue is that the video footage is perfect however the audio is quite low.

Is there a way we can artificially increase the volume of a MOV or AVI file?

2) Also I am looking into a converter as I do not have a MOV editor. I am planning to convert the MOV file to an AVI and then edit in Movie Maker. Can anyone recommend either a free converter MOV to AVI or a free MOV movie editor similar to movie maker.

Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VirtualDub may be able to open your MOV files with the proper plug in added and edit them. It outputs in AVI type format. It has a audio section where you can increase the audio levels when you re-encode. Not many freeware editors for MOV or MPEG that are similar to WMM.

But others here may have better suggestions.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi redevil, i used the RAD video tools--FREE DOWNLOAD-- to convert MOV to AVI--then importing to W movie maker is easy as pie.

anyone know how to adjust imported audio volume--up + down throughout the move? (not the video's volume.)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hey, Ive read this thread and I am completely lost. Does AviSynth still work? I tried using NoLogo and it didn't work for me, is there any modern alternatives which fix this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey, Ive read this thread and I am completely lost. Does AviSynth still work? I tried using NoLogo and it didn't work for me, is there any modern alternatives which fix this problem?
    If you had indeed read this thread you would have been “aware that this thread is 3935 days old”, and that it had nothing to do with Avisynth or NoLogo. So the only relevant part of your post was : “and I am completely lost”. Either that or you're a bot. Or a lost bot.

[Attachment 61499 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote