VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Greetings, everyone. Basically, I want to know how to split an AC3 48Hz 2 Channel file into two seperate files.
    I'm trying to get audio from a show called ''Ben 10''. DVD Audio Extractor can't get the audio because it's a 2 channel file.
    I know the audio has to be in one of those channels...so I was wondering if there is another program/method that I can use to split the channels.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really would like to hear what Andy Sturmer (The composer for Ben 10) has to offer in this show.

Thanks for taking the time to read what I've typed, I hope you guys can help me out.

~Caliburner
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Usually audio commentaries are in a completely different track to the main audio, not just a different channel, so I will be surprised if what you are trying to do is successful.

That said, if you demux the audio into an AC3 file, you can load this into the latest beta version of audacity (with the ffmpeg libraries installed), and from there you can listen to each channel, and save out the one you want.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the forums, Caliburner9. Unfortunately you have not described your question in good terms, so let me take a stab at it. I think what you are trying to do is that you have a DVD with 2 channel audio and you want to get the MUSIC (don't say "audio" - talking is audio too you know) out and on its own without talking, effects, etc. Is that right?

Assuming I am correct, the music will surely be in both channels on a 2 channel AC3 file. There's no way to split the music out and remove the talking from such a file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I agree that the question as worded makes no sense at all. I also think guns1inger was on the right track. Me, I'd demux all audio streams/tracks by opening the IFO for the DVD in PGCDemux and get it that way. If there are 2 different tracks then the audio for the show is in one and for the director's commentary in the other.
    Quote Quote