VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Just as the title says, DVDs that I've recorded from the HDD of my player won't register elsewhere. Anyone know how to get them to work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From a DVD recorder ? Sounds like you didn't finalise the disc correctly (or at all). Put the disc back in the recorder and run the finalisation process to close the disc and make it playable elsewhere.

If you think you have finalised them, put them back in the recorder and see if they play there. If not, they may be fubar and never recorded correctly in the first place.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh thanks, not sure if I did 'finalise' anything, if that didn't happen automatically after dubbing. The DVDs did work fine in the player that recorded them. But the machine I used is now not working - hence my discovery of the problem. Any other way to get them to register & finalise or some such on my computer?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some people, such as myself, have had some success extracting data from unfinalised dvds using isobuster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, will have a look!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK Lowell, seems ISObuster is what I was looking for - just downloaded a free trial... but how do you use it? Extract the data to my computer & then copy onto another disc?? Sorry to ask, but did look in the help files first...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes to your PC then burn to dvd. Right click on the iso one then chose extract from the menu.Click image for larger version

Name:	isobuster2.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	5017
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	isobuster.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	5015  

Quote Quote