VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Downloaded a movie it want play in my dvd player but it will play in my play station 3 it will play fine for about 10 min. then the sound kicks out after that it will play with no sound Is there a way to fix this? did a different movie did the same thing i guess its some type of protection? I think it a mp4 , or video cd i had to put it on a dvd dics
    Last edited by Baldrick; 9th Jan 2011 at 11:29. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
  2. lots of luck getting help on this one. sounds a little fishy.
    If it's an ambulance...you got a chance. If it's a hearse...it's even worse!!!--Judge Alvin "JP" Valkenheiser

Want to extract audio from .vob files? Read my guide at https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187078
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I changed you thread title.
    Quote Quote  
  4. i got other movies they will work fine but some will play for 10 min then no sound (movie is salt and other guys}
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try buy or rent them.
    Quote Quote  
  6. u been a member since 2003 you should know better not to ask questions about this topic
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by MJA View Post
    u been a member since 2003 you should know better not to ask questions about this topic

sorry been long time since i been on here
    Quote Quote  
  8. make up a story next time lol
    don't include downloaded movie,movies name,,,,
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by MJA View Post
    make up a story next time lol
    don't include downloaded movie,movies name,,,,
    ok
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KingRich70 View Post
    Downloaded a movie it want play in my dvd player but it will play in my play station 3 it will play fine for about 10 min. then the sound kicks out after that it will play with no sound Is there a way to fix this? did a different movie did the same thing i guess its some type of protection? I think it a mp4 , or video cd i had to put it on a dvd dics
    Not to mention, could you be any more vague with any less information

You think it's an mp4, a video cd ?

Is it a format that your standalone dvd player will even play ?
    Well i guess you would need to actually know what format it is........
    Quote Quote  
  11. its a mp4 size 4.17 g
    Quote Quote  
  12. my dvd player won't play it ps3 will play it run for about 10 min. sound stop it sill play's video
    Quote Quote  
  13. and there is another one size 2.15 GB does the same thing
    Quote Quote  
  14. it plays fine on laptop
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you play it on the PS3 and the sound stops, the PS3 should tell you exactly why. The problem won't happen with legitimate versions of the videos
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  16. oh here goes ps3 says audio output temporarily muted,protected by Cin____,message code 3
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This particular form of copy protection is supported by the PS3 and will be supported by newer bluray and DVD players. It embeds some form of encoding in the audio track that is specific to the format. Cinema audio will have a different code to the DVD track, which will be different to the bluray track, which will be different to the digital download track. If the audio does not match the format - e.g. you convert your bluray to DVD - it will not play. It also affects conversion of bluray to AVCHD on DVD, and prevents the use of cinema audio on foreign (e.g. R5) releases that don't have English audio tracks. To date there appears to be no way to strip out this encoding or prevent the player detecting it. Manipulation of the audio - encoding to different formats, stripping out high or low frequencies, alterations to samples rates etc - do not affect the way the protection work.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  18. found something on you tube trying it
    Quote Quote