VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i installed avstodvd, and burned a test disk, it worked. however, when i press the button that says "preview title output", i hear the audio playing back, but there is no video, it just shows a blank gray screen. i am working with DV-AVI file, but i tried an .mpg file and the preview doesnt show either.
    Quote Quote  
  2. See AVStoDVD Help section: FAQ/GUI/Q2.2

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  3. i installed ffdshow, and put the setting that was suggested in the FAQ, now the preview works.

was downloading ffdshow necessary for the preview to work? or was there some option that came with avstodvd that could have enabled the preview to work?

also, after i installed avstodvd, i cannot play back clips in windows movie maker... the preview in movie maker doesnt work what do i do?
    Last edited by granturissimus; 8th Jan 2011 at 17:06.
    Quote Quote  
  4. i tried uninstalling avstodvd and the other 3 programs that came with it, and movie maker still doesnt play back my dv-avi clip in the preview! i tried unchecking "avi decompressor" and "haali media splitter" from the compatibility tab in WMM options, but the preview still doesnt work.

looks like WMM is just as crappy as it was on XP
    Last edited by granturissimus; 8th Jan 2011 at 20:22.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It could be a codec issue: be sure that in ffdshow video configuration, the DV support is activated (libavcodec). If it is already activated and preview in Movie Maker still does not work, de-activate ffdshow DV support and try with a dedicated codec like Cedocida.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  6. hey, i did what you said. dv support was deactivated in ffdshow. i activated it, and movie maker still would not let me preview my dv-avi files. i deactivated it and downloaded and installed cedocida, but that didnt fix teh problem either.

i right clicked on cedocida's .inf file and clicked install. i saw some screens just flash by, or something flashed for a millisecond and that was it. so i dont even know what installation happened. i see the program in my uninstall programs utility in windows though. is there a configuration screen for cedocida that i have to access? cause i dont see it anywhere.

what do i do next?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Go options and go restore default settings if that doesn't work it's not avstodvds fault also are you editing the avisynth script this can cause errors if your not familiar with avs scripting if not then reinstall avisynth or what ever avstodvd uses.
    Quote Quote  
  8. i tried reinstalling avstodvd as well as avisynth many times. i didnt edit anything in these programs, i'm a total noob, i dont even know what "script" means lol.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by granturissimus View Post
    i right clicked on cedocida's .inf file and clicked install. i saw some screens just flash by, or something flashed for a millisecond and that was it. so i dont even know what installation happened. i see the program in my uninstall programs utility in windows though. is there a configuration screen for cedocida that i have to access? cause i dont see it anywhere.
    Do not panic. If you right click'd on inf file, then cedocida codec is installed. If preview in WMM still does not work, then it is not a codec issue, so we have to look for another cause.

What operating system are you using?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  10. im on vista 64 bit.

i think its only the dv-avi files that WMM cant play, cause i opened up a .mpg file in WMM and that file previewed just fine.

i am using windows movie maker by the way, not windows live movie maker.
    Quote Quote