VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    hi guys,

cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:1:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / fade_compensate=0.00 / psy_rd=1.01:0.01 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=0 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / fgo=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=2 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=2349 / ratetol=1.5 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=40000 / vbv_bufsize=30000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=2:0.90 / nal_hrd=none

i want to encode a video with these settings is there any command line interface encoder which will input these as encoding settings .downloaded latest x264 Encoder but when i click exe file it opens and closes immediately.
    any solution??
    Quote Quote  
  2. CLI = command line interface. You have to enter the command line options by opening a command prompt

http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings

Or use x264 --fullhelp for a list

Or use a GUI e.g. megui, ripbot, handbrake , xvid4psp etc...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    thanks poisondeathray i'm able to run x264encoder using the command DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\\My Documents\ Fiction .mkv")on commandline. but how do i specify the above encoding settings???? Using a front end GUI is easy but all encoding options are not available on it
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your settings looks like you are somewhere in the range of the slower and veryslow presets for x264. Where did you come up with those settings? If I were you, I would try to encode a few clips using some of the presets to see if you can find one that you like.

Code:
    x264.exe --crf 18 --preset veryslow -o <output> <input>
    If you want to come close to your settings (I don't try to find all of the switches, use --fullhelp) you could use something like this:
    Code:
    x264.exe --crf 18 --preset slower --subme 10 --rc-lookahead 50 --no-fast-pskip --bframes 5 --vbv-maxrate 40000 --vbv-bufsize 30000 --deblock 1:-1:-3 --psy-rd 1.01:0.01 <output> <input>
    If you really want to use 2pass encoding rather than constant quality, use x264 --fullhelp like pdr suggests and work it out.

Honestly, it seems like a somewhat random grouping of encoding settings. Try the presets. They make life much simpler and cut down on your input strings.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I am trying to convert only small size videos (<5 min)and i want these encoding settings specifically.it would be helpful if u give me the commandline of above settings as it would take ages to learn the x264 CLI
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zammil View Post
    I am trying to convert only small size videos (<5 min)and i want these encoding settings specifically.it would be helpful if u give me the commandline of above settings as it would take ages to learn the x264 CLI
    your question is a bit of an enigma, it seems odd to me that one could be a sufficiently proficient to know that he wants to use those specific settings yet wouldn't know how to use x264 from the command line.

regardless, perhaps you should look into media coder, it will allow you to use x264 and input your desired settings in the "advanced" section.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by deadrats View Post
    your question is a bit of an enigma, it seems odd to me that one could be a sufficiently proficient to know that he wants to use those specific settings yet wouldn't know how to use x264 from the command line.

I want to hardcore subtitles to particular frames so that i don't have to re-encode the whole video the problem is the hardcorded portions when merged with original video doesn't play normal .so i was trying to make the original and hard coded video exactly similar so when merged together they might play normal.this is the encoding settings of original video i got from media info but no x264 GUI gives all the encoding settings that's why i turned to x264 encoder.tried media coder but all encoding settings are not available.any other encoder which can input the above encoding settings.xvid4psp has a CLI but when i copy pasted above encoding settings it's not encoding it
    Last edited by zammil; 21st Jan 2011 at 06:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also use MeGUI and paste your command line into the "Custom Command Line" box. This ensures that all other options chosen within MeGUI will be ignored, regardless of what else you enable in the GUI. As well, MeGUI traditionally has been developed in tandem with x264, so all settings should be available.

MeGUI -> Config -> enable Show Advanced Settings -> Misc tab -> paste into Custom Command Line

Originally Posted by zammil
    I want to hardcore subtitles to particular frames so that i don't have to re-encode the whole video the problem is the hardcorded portions when merged with original video doesn't play normal .so i was trying to make the original and hard coded video exactly similar so when merged together they might play normal.this is the encoding settings of original video i got from media info but no x264 GUI gives all the encoding settings that's why i turned to x264 encoder.tried media coder but all encoding settings are not available.any other encoder which can input the above encoding settings.xvid4psp has a CLI but when i copy pasted above encoding settings it's not encoding it
    Again, try MeGUI to attempt an equivalent stream.

Also, can I ask, how are you hard-coding the subtitles, and how are you attempting to merge the final result? Maybe a problem exists here that we can help you with if re-encoding a similar portion doesn't work for you.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    hardcoding using xvid4psp and merging with mkvmerge

These are the links for the video:
    Video 1(subtitle hard coded):http://www.mediafire.com/?t8l15qxada3cxtz
    Video 2(Sample of Original file to be appended): http://www.mediafire.com/?yyoyrtwj3vs7i5s
    Video 3(The resulting file when appended video 1 & video 2):http://www.mediafire.com/?zu845vbi0vl27u1

I get this warning when i append Video 1 & Video 2 using mkvmerge

Warning: The track number 1 from the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Video 2.mkv' can probably not be appended correctly to the track number 1 from the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Video 1.mkv': The codec's private data does not match. Both have the same length (42) but different content. Please make sure that the resulting file plays correctly the whole time. The author of this program will probably not give support for playback issues with the resulting file.
    Last edited by zammil; 21st Jan 2011 at 08:51.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I get the following error when i open the avs script which is to be inputed to megui created using avisynthesizer
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	error.bmp
Views:	644
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	5251  

Quote Quote  
  11. fix your directshow codecs (do you have haali media splitter installed? ffdshow? ) or use ffmpegsource2 to load your video
    http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/

aud=ffaudiosource("video.mkv")
    vid=ffvideosource("video.mkv")
    audiodub(vid,aud)

the profiles are different between your 2 videos, one is L4.0 , the other is L4.1

use "--level 4.1" to force it to match (or there should be a setting in the gui you're using)

there maybe other differences, but the sample you gave has it's metadata erased. If it's the same as post #1, there are many other differences
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes indeed, on your clip 3 I got a gray-out on VLC, a crash on MPHC, and jitter-stall on WMP. So yeah, the warning you got from MKVMerge has merit. The merge is problematic for sure.

Been at work so haven't had a good opportunity to put something together for you, but since, I've run into conflicts.

Yes, for one thing, the levels are inconsistent, but it doesn't end there.

Since the data in the MKVs were deleted, I assumed your command line from the first post. Some of those entries are not valid - where did you get them? They may be MediaInfo's version, not official parameters otherwise I'd assume a drunk chimp gave them to you.

So far, here's something that I've put together that has worked so far in the Custom Command Line of MeGUI, but it's incomplete:

--cabac --level 4.0 --chroma-qp-offset -3 --b-adapt 2 --keyint 250 --min-keyint 23 --open-gop 0 --bframes 5 --ref 8 --nal-hrd none --b-pyramid 2 --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 40000 --weightp 2 --sar 1:1 --deblock 1:1:-3 --analyse 0x3:0x113 --me umh --subme 10 --psy-rd 1.01:0 --trellis 2 --8x8dct --cqm 0 --threads 6 --nr 0 --direct auto --weightb --scenecut 40 --rc-lookahead 50 --mbtree --bitrate 2349 --ratetol 1.5 --qcomp 0.60 --qpmin 10 --qpmax 51 --qpstep 4 --cplxblur 20.0 --qblur 0.5 --ipratio 1.40 --aq-mode 2 --aq-strength 0.9

Honestly, I'm at work now so I won't be able to do much more till the weekend. But these should work somewhat if you have MeGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by PuzZLeR View Post
    Some of those entries are not valid - where did you get them? They may be MediaInfo's version, not official parameters otherwise I'd assume a drunk chimp gave them to you.
    FGO = film grain optimization patch
    fade compensate = fade compensation patch

These are custom patches and not featured in the main branch on x264.nl , but there aren't used in that 1st post (values are zero)

"VFRmaniac" builds them with FGO and fade compensate, you can download the binaries from (use at your own risk of course)
    http://vfrmaniac.fushizen.eu/x264/x264_DANGEROUS/

If he wanted the best chance at this working, he should use matching x264 versions, including patched version. He should really post the full mediainfo report, so the core version could be identified

Some of the settings are stupid - like why would someone use 2pass rate control but increase ratetol ??

I would say just re-rip the BD and encode in 1 go doing it properly this time...but I think I know where that's going to lead
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 21st Jan 2011 at 16:17.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey PDR, thanks for the notes.

Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    FGO = film grain optimization patch
    fade compensate = fade compensation patch

These are custom patches and not featured in the main branch on x264.nl , but there aren't used in that 1st post (values are zero)

"VFRmaniac" builds them with FGO and fade compensate, you can download the binaries from (use at your own risk of course)
    http://vfrmaniac.fushizen.eu/x264/x264_DANGEROUS/

If he wanted the best chance at this working, he should use matching x264 versions, including patched version. He should really post the full mediainfo report, so the core version could be identified
    Yes, I agree, some commands do indeed need a patched version, such as with --open-gop for example.

And there may indeed be a conflict between some patched versions I believe (they may be mutually exclusive in features) so yeah, this may be like a lottery without the exact correct version.

Some of the settings are stupid - like why would someone use 2pass rate control but increase ratetol ??
    I thought so too. Also many are redundant defaults, and also invalid (such as cabac, interlaced and others not accepting parameters). And some of the combinations of merange, trellis, weird psy values, aq, mbtree, min_keyint and rclookahead... I don't get some of the reasoning behind some of it.

I would say just re-rip the BD and encode in 1 go doing it properly this time...but I think I know where that's going to lead
    He he...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    fix your directshow codecs (do you have haali media splitter installed? ffdshow? ) or use ffmpegsource2 to load your video
    http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/

thanks poisondeathray after i installed ffdshow, haali media splitter the avs script opens on media players but when i input it to megui it's showing following error

Click image for larger version

Name:	error 1.jpg
Views:	2082
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	5262

installed yv12 codec still doesn't work!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by zammil; 22nd Jan 2011 at 03:07.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what's bugging MeGUI, but sometimes - SOME times - you can close and restart MeGUI for errors like this and then it behaves.

But, if you're having a problem with codecs/filters/splitters, you can encode it to a lossless format instead, such as HuffYUV with VirtualDub, and work with that.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Don't use directshowsource() , use ffmpegsource as directed above . Directshowsource() is the last resort, because it can cause sync errors, and isn't necessarily frame accurate
    Quote Quote