VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need help, becuase me and my friend where doing a short video with effects. So I need to be able to edit the files in Adobe After Effects, but we recorded it with a Sony HandyCam DCR-DVD109.
    So I finalized it with the cam but when I put it in my PC, alot of .VOB, .BUP and .IFO files come up. I can't edit the VOB files in AE so I need to convert them, MP4 or MOV would be the best, but I haven't found so far any converter that detected those files. It would be great if I could convert chapters to MP4 so I don't have to do that much of splitting.

Regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    VOB2MPEG will get you to mpeg2....and what kind of video files does After Effects accept?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    VOB2MPEG will get you to mpeg2....and what kind of video files does After Effects accept?
    Too many to write them, here here is a link: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406350.html

EDIT: Here is something interesting from that site:
    Some MPEG data formats are stored in container formats with filename extensions that are not recognized by After Effects; examples include .vob and .mod. In some cases, you can import these files into After Effects after changing the filename extension to one of the recognized filename extensions. Because of variations in implementation in these container formats, compatibility is not guaranteed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Then use VOB2MPEG.
    Quote Quote