VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    new win7 pc, have a heap of music vids but some show blank thumbnails in explorer and wont play in wmp.
    gspot info:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	4984

any ideas?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Will they play in DIVX player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. That looks like a normal VCD MPG file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    they play in vlc,cnt undrstand why they wont in windows as they are just mpeg1 files. others the same play fine.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Short of uploading a sample for examination I don't see anything wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have done some other testing, file plays on win 7 laptop but thumbnail image does not show in explorer either.

On old XP SP2 machine, files play and all thumbnails show.

I have also noticed a common thing amongst the files that are causing issues. I have hundreds of music videos and I have smart rendered on XP machine using Ulead Video Studio 9 those with 10 odd second tags at the end of each video (sorry to those who did it but these are annoying when listening to music in bulk!)

I guess I can look for another program that will smart render MPEGs and see if that makes a difference but UVS 9 is very easy to use and is working well where as virtual dub pasued for a few seconds at the end of each clip when attempting with that.

If anyone is interested in checking a sample, I will upolad one (if someone tells me how to upload a sample!)

Thanks for the replies.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Latest update, after installing shark 007 codec pack to allow WMP and WMC to play MKV files, all the estranged MPEG 1 files now play. They still wont give a preview in the explorer thumbnails but they show previews in media center and all play in WMP and WMC now.

Strange, thought a CODEC must be corrupt, damaged but it only happens to the ULEAD rendered videos and only on this 1 PC. No thumbnails in anything but XP, has me confused but at least I can play everything now.

Would love to know what the problem is but at least its working now.
    Quote Quote