VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there another shrink software program that does the same as DVD Shrink ? Would someone give me some links to the sites ? (Free or not) When burning with Img Burn is it normal for it to eject your partly written DVD blank and pull it back in and continue to write again quickly ? This is a off text question, but better than opening another post. I really like this website, but can someone tell me a couple other websites/forums like this site..

Thanks in Advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dvd Rebuilder free version can do it with better looking results

its not normal to spit out discs like that then it continues.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check your Imgburn settings. It sounds as though you may have the "Cycle tray before verify" option enabled.
    (I couldn't tell you exactly where to look, as I'm not at a system with Imgburn installed, at the moment. )
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Go to settings and look under write:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	847
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	4975
    Quote Quote  
  5. Can you direct me where there are screen shots for all the settings ? You were correct it was enabled. What would it do ..... rewrite over what it had already written ? May have been a weird question.

Originally Posted by mrswla View Post
    Go to settings and look under write:

[Attachment 4975 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  6. The screen shot is from my computer. As far as cycling the tray before it does the verify step, I don't know what purpose that serves. I leave the verify box unchecked. I verify it myself when I put the disc in my player and watch it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	440
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	4976
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by tcory View Post
    You were correct it was enabled.
    Credit goes to Ai Haibara, I just uploaded a screenshot.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's not part of the writing process. What that setting does, basically, is instruct Imgburn to eject the disc and then reinsert it after the writing process is complete. It's mainly for those systems that may have difficulty recognizing the disc has changed, without ejecting and reinserting it (and therefore, a verify would probably not work), as I recall.

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you where to find an in-depth explanation of the settings. You might check the user guides listed on VideoHelp's Tools page for Imgburn, or Lightning UK's homepage and forum.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ai HaibaraWhat's so weird about that though, is it re-ejects and starts writing again like its a blanks disc. Sense I unchecked that box that someone told me to uncheck it doesn't do it anymore.

Thanks to everyone though!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tcory View Post
    Ai HaibaraWhat's so weird about that though, is it re-ejects and starts writing again like its a blanks disc. Sense I unchecked that box that someone told me to uncheck it doesn't do it anymore.

Thanks to everyone though!
    Are you unable TO READ?
    It doesnt write anymore, it just ejects before VERIFYING because some drives are unable to perform a proper verifying due to corrupted cache memory in the drive.......... therefore its necessary to eject the drive tray/media before verifying.
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  11. Actually it does it so it's more like real life. Unless you're someone that burns a disc and NEVER takes it out of the drive?

If you don't eject it and reinsert it, the drive never has to initialise it from scratch again - and therefore you'll never know if it has a problem doing so until it's too late.

The cycling of the tray is an important part of the verification stage and I recommend you leave it enabled. (The default settings are the best settings, that's why they're default!)
    Quote Quote