VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I rip each chapter individually from the DVD using IFO mode on DVD Decrypter.
    Under program settings, the IFO Mode tab has everything checked. File splitting is set to "None".
    The dvd I am processing has been ripped using AnyDVD HD 6.7.5.0, utilizing "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk".
    From there it was processed with DVD shrink to an ISO on a 1:1 ratio. Subtitles play fine when I mount the ISO and run PowerDVD or Windows Media Player.

I have the settings for stream processing set like this (where x is a checked checkbox):
    x Enable Stream Processing
    x 0xE0 Video - 720x576 (PAL) / 16:9
    x 0x80 - Audio - AC3 / 6ch / English
    x 0x81 - Audio - AC3 / 2ch / Japanese
    x 0x82 - Audio - AC3 / 2ch / English
    x0x20 - Subtitle - English [SP 01: W/L]
    x0x21 - Subtitle - English [SP 02: W/L]

Stream 0xE0 - Video:
    x Direct Stream Copy
    Map to: 0xE0

I've ripped each chapter into its own folder so I can queue up and process all the chapters seperately. They are 5 minute episodes, a total of 26.

Using AutoGK 2.55, I choose the input and output file locations, enable the English AC3 6ch and also enable the English : Wide/Letterbox subtitle (the first one).
    The first is forced subtitles / explanations, the second track is the direct translation of the japanese audio.

I have set target quality to 100%, for advanced settings I have auto width and original audio, XviD codec. "Display only forced subtitles" and "Use external subtitles" are disabled.

Now after all this, only the first episode (Chapter 1, cell 1) has subtitles burnt in. When I go and hit "Preview" in AutoGK, there are no subtitles in any other episode than the first, and this series _needs_ these subtitles, so they should be prevalent in every episode. Audio and video look great, but there are only titles in the first episode.

It seems to me that I'm either ripping it wrong or I have the wrong settings. Can anyone help?

I'm not sure if it's useful, I've also included an episode's agk log. http://anotepad.com/notes/346681
    Last edited by Squirrel448; 3rd Jan 2011 at 13:16.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps the subs are retaining their original time setting from the original movie.
    The individual ripped chapters now start from time zero and that's how the subs need to be.
    See post #4 on how to correct this behaviour.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/323015-Subtitle-help-please-dvd-episodes-to-xvid?p=...=1#post2000363
    Quote Quote  
  3. If that's the case, would unchecking "Patch M2V Timecode (00:00:00:00)" under IFO Mode options correct this?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I for one would like to know the result - when you report back.
    The preview might show the result fast.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Unfortunately unchecking this does not correct the problem.
    I have found that in the agk_tmp folder, you can modify the .idx file to have different time stamps for the subtitles. You can then run the AVS script through VirtualDubMod, but my first try resulted in a 5.82GB file which should have only been about 80mb. I had to fiddle around with the compression settings, and I'm a novice to VirtualDubMod and I'm kind of OCD about all my files having the same bitrate, compression, and audio etc so this doesn't really help me either.

Any way you go about it, correcting the subtitles after DVDDecrypter is not a simple process.

Perhaps there is a better tool to extract chapters and their streams/subtitles which would not result in this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  6. His method works, and doesn't seem all that difficult or time-consuming to me. I use a similar method these days - get the SUP file from the DVD by opening the IFO in PGCDemux and selecting the right cell (chapter). Then I also convert the SUP to IDX/SUB using SubtitleCreator, for use in AutoGK. Also, the VSRip way also mentioned in sambat's link works to extract an IDX/SUB from an episode with the correct timings.
    ...but my first try resulted in a 5.82GB file which should have only been about 80mb.
    You have to choose and set up a codec (XviD, I assume). Not doing so results in a huge uncompressed file,
    Quote Quote