VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What type of printer do you have?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using a color laser printer,much easier to maintain.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    A crappy, dead HP Deskjet(5740) and a fantastic HP Deskjet(970cxi)....what can I say.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Black laser printer, hp 1022.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Color Epson Artisan 810 all-in-one
    Color Epson Stylus Photo 1400 large format for photo enlargements.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    2 color inkjets - one lexmark one epson. Got both on deals with a new digital still camera the other year. The lexmark has a nice scanner bed on it and the epson is one of the "r" models for cd/dvd printing and "color high def" printing - whatever that means...
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Canon InkJet Pixma iP3000.
    Brother MFC-7340 all in one laser

I don't buy any printer that doesn't take generic ink.same with the laser
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Canon IP4700 and Epson C88+
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Canon Pixma iP3500 inkjet. Every year I spend more for ink than I did for the printer. I'm glad I average only a few pages per week.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Epson Artisan 800. Have R280 and R200s around as a backup for disc printing.

Excellent quality.

Too cheap to buy the Epson ink, found an ebayer with compatible ink and refillable cartridges - been using the cartridges and the ebayer for a couple of years with good results.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  10. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    HP C5180 all in one printer and a old HP 950C, both color inkjet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    canon ip4000 converted to allow cd/dvd printing.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do have to ask: Does anyone even own a Dot Matrix printer anymore (on this site)?

I know that I have one in the basement, and doubt the cable would match up to any on my machines.

I keep feeding these things to the "scroungers" that drive by checking out my curbside. I've managed to get rid of some "non-ebayable" items that way.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  13. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Our local department of motor vehicles was still using a impact dot matrix printer a while ago, complete with a anti-noise box around it. I asked about it and they use it for making carbon copies of original forms. Apparently that makes it harder to forge a copy.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    one dude on amazon is selling it for $499.85 + $13 shipping for a used one .lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002GU16A/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i have an epson wide carriage dot matrix upstairs with a ton of leftover green bar paper. any takers there is a brother 35 impact printer next to it also. no parallel ports to plug them into anymore here....
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MJA View Post
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    one dude on amazon is selling it for $499.85 + $13 shipping for a used one .lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002GU16A/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used

! ! ! holy crap batman. and he is a reputable seller.
    Seller Rating:94% positive over the past 12 months. (1,834 total ratings)
    who knew a printer could increase in value..... still wouldn't sell mine, as it prints on dvds daily using generic ink.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  17. HP 1505n bw laser and an HP D7160 color inkjet (incidently the first inkjet I've used that has never screwed up). My Epson dot-matrix went for parts long ago, after seventeen years of service.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    Same here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    Same here.
    And here.
    Andrew Jackson: "It's a poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Cheapo HP color injet. When this one breaks I'll get another Cheapo color injet.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by classfour View Post
    I do have to ask: Does anyone even own a Dot Matrix printer anymore
    I picked up a dot matrix, Panasonic KXP1124, from the local trash a few years ago, cleaned it, bought an inktape and used it briefly when my laser was bad. Finally realised I wasn't going to use it again and sold it for $5.

I used them in an office for several years, extremely economical, good for accounting and invoices. Pretty noisy, but they last forever.
    360 dpi in "high quality" mode. I wrote a program to print our company logo on a ream of fanfold paper overnight which was then re-fed for invoices.

Now I just use Laserjets. I've had several HP Laserjets, for the last 5 years or so a HPLJ5MP, vintage 1995. Still giving perfect output, after all, the drum is in the cartridge), but have to be careful as the plastic case is getting brittle and bits snap off, nothing vital so far, though the rear door is held closed by a bent piece of wire. I'll probably stick with LJs of that era: they're very cheap to buy and run, no screwing around with DRM in the toner carts.

I need colour so rarely that the ink would dry out between each use, so don't have or want a colour inkjet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Epson Workforce 520 inkjet and a old Canon BJC-4550 for the older machines
    Quote Quote  
  23. Epson Artisan 725 all-in-one. I'm happy with it.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Canon Pixma ip4500 modded to print to CDs/DVDs. Best printer I've ever owned.

MJA/aedipuss - Sometimes people post stuff on Amazon at outrageous prices just to see if someone is stupid enough to pay it. Sometimes people are. A few years ago I had a manager who used to buy expensive camera lenses from time to time. He would buy one and use it for a few months and then sell it used for $100 more than he paid for it new. He did that several times and always sold the lenses within days of putting them up for sale online. I asked him if the buyers could find the lenses at the same prices he paid and he told me that they certainly could, but there were a lot of people who were too stupid to search online so they would just buy them from him at more than he paid for them.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    don't have 1...havent had or used one since 2003...no need for it
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't do much printing now, but I have a Cannon BJC-5000. Don't know how old it is... but at least 15 years old. Bought it as refer bushed for $79. Still works well
    and I'm still using the same black cartridge that it came with. I just keep re-filling it....and it keeps working.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  27. Epson photo px650 converted to use the ciss bulk ink system, and a Samsung CLX 3175 colour laser fitted with a chip to allow me to refill my own toner carts
    I've just won the lottery, what would i want with a bitch like you.

csi crime scene
    Quote Quote  
  28. Was using an HP IIIp up until just last year. I even had a paper tray for it. But now I am using an HP color laser CP1518.

Darryl
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Up until a couple years ago I had a LaserJet IV (bought new for ~$1800) but replaced it with an LJ 1022 (cost new ~ $100). To me InkJet printers are like the 'free' razors they sell you to keep you buying the expensive cartridges...
    Quote Quote  
  30. I thought I had the expensive ink thing figured out when I got a Continuous Ink System for my Epson NX300. I found out later that when the Epson cleans the heads, the used ink goes into a spunge inside of the printer which eventually has to be professionally replaced or the printer shuts down! I then brought an Epson NX215 that uses the same CIS, disconnected the drain tube from the printer sponge and fed it into a separate container. I can now use the extra ink that drains off from head cleaning as extra black ink, and have only spent about $27 for ink refills for the past year! I print hundreds of pages every month now with no problems at all.
    Quote Quote