Poll: What type of printer do you have?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I'm using a color laser printer,much easier to maintain.
    Ditto. Samsung CLP510 ($150 at Office Max, great sale) for about 4-5 years now. Best computer related tech I've purchased. Had an HP LV5 (purchased through my employer at the time for $600?) for about maybe 10-12 years just before that.
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  2. B&W laser printer. Strictly for work Lxmark E120.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hp psc 2210xi all-in-one for anything color and copies. HP llP Plus for all B&W. I purchased the HP llP, new a long time ago. Some of you might not have been born yet. Anyway, it's been a great printer. I had one failure with it. I Ordered a part from that "fix your own printer" web site and good as new.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Two Samsung ML-2510 black laser printers. I'll just scribe I messed up and wound up with the second one because the original purveyor from whom I ordered sent an initial e-mail saying it wasn't in stock - so I ordered it from another purveyor. Then the first purveyor found it and sent it anyhow.
    Both are in use. The second one is hooked up to an old Windows® '98 computer in the basement [using its IEEE cable port].
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I modded a Canon ip3000 to print directly on CDs and DVDs. Here's how. Ink is staggeringly cheap, because it's one of the last printers to use chipless carts.

I also have the Canon MP640, seen in the following youtube video, which in Canada anyway, comes with CD/DVD printing enabled out of the box.

Both work great on the printable Taiyo Yudens I burn, both the regular inkjet hub printables and the really nice-looking glossy TY inkjet hub printable Watershields.

I've recently also gotten an HP Photosmart Premium C309 All-in-One Printer Series, which also prints directly to CDs and DVDs.

I think Gutenberg might be impressed.
    Last edited by p_l; 6th Mar 2011 at 00:29.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Still got my third Epson r200 with refill carts, an hp laserjet 1320 with another one for parts (except for the fuser unit), an officejet 6000 wireless, and an HP laserjet 4 with a JetDirect card.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Minolta Magicolor 2200 color laser and a Canon pixma ip3500
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nelson37 View Post
    Still got my third Epson r200 with refill carts
    My Epson R300 finally died last year, after a few years of temperamental use. Don't make my mistake of using the Epson Print CD program to design your CD/DVD labels. It's like a Roach Motel: you can get your designs in, but you can't get them out, once your Epson printer dies, since it doesn't have an export as image function.

Use a different CD/DVD label designing and printing program.
    Quote Quote