VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

Threaded View

1. FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -threads CPU_CORES -vcodec libx264 -coder 1 -level 51 -subq 6 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -g 300 -s 800xHEIGHT -r 29.97 -b 2000k -maxrate 4000k -deinterlace -acodec aac -ac 1 -ab 224k -ar 48000 -vol 768 -f mp4 OUTPUT

That's the mongrel settings I've come up with.
    What I'd like to know is what to change to get a HIGH profile; right now it produces MAIN.

(for anyone who can read this stuff you may question why I'm encoding to mono; well for some reason tivo files encoded to 2 channels will not play audio on my Archos 101. Play fine on my pc and my Archos 504 but not the 101. For some reason it has to be mono AND the audio boosted hence the 768 setting. I don't know how high you can go with the -vol argument so...) If there's a better way to up the volume I'd appreciate knowing - this method produces something I can live with but higher numbers don't really produce anyting that much louder.

Thanks in advance.

Danneauxs
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was looking through some of the x264-->ffmpeg mappings here. It doesn't look like you can explicitly force only a change to HIGH profile, but you can force it by adjusting your settings such they they will require HIGH profile (like maybe setting -partitions to i8x8 or i4x4). Why do you want to do this though? It doesn't change anything unless you make use of settings/features that are only allowed in HIGH profile.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by txporter View Post
    I was looking through some of the x264-->ffmpeg mappings here. It doesn't look like you can explicitly force only a change to HIGH profile, but you can force it by adjusting your settings such they they will require HIGH profile (like maybe setting -partitions to i8x8 or i4x4). Why do you want to do this though? It doesn't change anything unless you make use of settings/features that are only allowed in HIGH profile.

Ok, I'm not too familiar withFFMpeg; most of my encodes I do with Staxrip and use x264. With x264 I use either mina or high (prefered) as I have noticed a difference. I could be just confusing the issue.

I'm probably being too picky; sometimes I get myopic about some issues.

Thanks for the reply!!

Danneauxs
    Quote Quote