VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried all common players including vlc, splash pro and zoom ,also tried k lite full and std version.

splash player is almost right but not always sometimes problem with sound

does motherboard need to be special or latest to play 1920x1080p video file with ts format.

my monitor is 1360x768 so wat would be ur sugggetion . I am a newbie plz help me

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try MPC-HC. It's optimized for HD playback. HD playback is mostly related to your video card. Newer cards have DXVA hardware support for playback and that does help. If not, your CPU does most of the work and has to be fast enough. Check your Task Manager when playing back HD video or .ts streams. If it stays below about 10% CPU average, you shouldn't have playback problems. Up around 50% or more, you probably need a different video card.

Be careful of some of those codec packs as they can cause more problems than they cure, especially if they damage existing codecs.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Also just to add to this you really need a dual core processor or faster to do hd properly. Plus a recent video card will aid greatly as redwudz mentioned. And mpchc is a great option.

In the end if upgrading is not an option you can try converting the file. You could use ripbot to convert to 720 instead of 1080p. It should lessen the load of the computer with less video information to process. It won't be as sharp as the original file but will still retain part of its hd quality.

If that won't play well you'll have to downconvert to 720x480 (ntsc) or 720x576 (pal) for proper playback. That is dvd resolution. It won't look nearly as sharp as the original file but it should play without any problem assuming you can play dvds ok on your existing computer. You can use avstodvd to create a dvd file from the ts file. You can make just an mpg file or you can make a full dvd ready to burn - your choice if you decide to downconvert. Remember it will be in sd and lose its hd luster - but you will retain 16:9 if it was broadcast that way and the 5.1 if it contained 5.1 originally.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can answer this question with certainty because I was dealing with it last week. I have a 10gb .ts file and with MPC HC it played but the audio was way out of sync and the video stuttered here and there. Amazingly, Windows Media Player played it flawlessly. Also, Splash Lite and ArcSoft Total Media Theater played it perfectly. I find that if I have a large .mkv file I have the same issue with MPC HC, but if the .mkv is say 6 gb's or less, the audio is fine as is the video. The spex on my pc far outweigh whats needed so I can't say why I have issues with MPC HC in that regard.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    direct end user run time outdated in mpc how to get the latest version? but i also think it will not help
    i have no external card, DXVa and DX10 are these same ? or DX10 enough?

Up around 50% or more during HD playback so i might need a video card.

I converted the ts into mkv using handbrake, i only changed the resolution to 1360x768 which my monitor supports, kept bit rate unchanged and constant ratio "0" but still some player cannot play only splash player pro can play.

what should be the best converter? ripbot or handbrake or something else?
    best format?
    best resolution ? 1360x768 which is the specification of my monitor or 1920x1080 the original ts specification

I use dual core

so what is your final suggestion??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Kmplayer or MPC-HD
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    doe not work splash can do after changing format
    Quote Quote