VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    im very new to the capturing scene. just wondered what kind of jack u have to have on ur tv to be able to capture audio and video. ihave some piece of crap rca tv that only has the cable connection on the back. thANKS
    Quote Quote  
  2. TV capture cards accept coax cable, RCA jack and usually s-Video. Coax is worst quality-wise, s-Video best and RCA is in the middle. It doesn't matter what kind of jacks your TV has though - if you have a VCR or maybe a cable box with RCA outs/s-Video out, use those.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have a question. Wouldn't going thru the VCR hurt the signal. I thought a direct connect would give you the best. I know that when I run the VCR to watch cable it looks just a little less clean than if I just use the TV to watch the show. I believe the more places the signal goes thru the more degraded it get's. But that's just me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm sure it degrades somewhat, but I don't notice it personally. The best cable input would be direct, but depending on your setup, its usually a pain to unscrew the coax from the tv, and plug it in the PC every time you want to capture. Using a splitter definitely degrades the signal, much moreso than using your VCR to split the signal to RCA's.

Then again, my cable signal sucks to begin with, so what the hell do I know

Quote Quote  
  5. VCR hasn't to be that bad, it depends on the tuner.
    e.g. my VCR gives better quality than TV (connected via s-video)

does anybody know what's with tooLAME???
    i recently downloaded tooLAME, but i've no clue how to use ... there's no execution file ...???

by the way,
    why do many people avoid interlaced video?!? as i think to understand, it allows a framerate of 50/60 fps on TV, or am i wrong !?!
    and TV-captured material is half the full resolution (576/480) when deinterlaced... so why deinterlacing and not capturing the half resolution (288/240)?

...i really do favor Cinemacraft (good quality and awesome speed)now here's my question - can anybody tell me if there is a possibility to have an interlaced mpeg2 video which is encoded with CCE SP 2.62 ?

i'd like to produce XSVCDs --> PAL 704*576-25fps(50Hz)
    ...or is it better to have a resolution of 480*576 at same bit rate ???

thanx in advance for (almost) any comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote