VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I purchased a external HD to backup My Documents and other things. Can someone give me the steps or information on how to drag and drop my emails to my external HD ? I use Outlook.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The free software ' MozBackup ' is simple and reliable so use it with the firefox browser and the thunderbird e-mailer . Dont know what your query is doing on this forum but there you are .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You didn't say which version of Outlook your using, but you can go into Outlook and "Export" to a .pst file and save that, you can specify folders, inbox, contacts etc.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by mL999 View Post
    The free software ' MozBackup ' is simple and reliable so use it with the firefox browser and the thunderbird e-mailer .

"Dont know what your query is doing on this forum but there you are .
    "

I tried to think about which Subject this should be posted under and thought this one would be the best overall. With that said, where on this site should have post or would you say a different website entirely ?

Thanks for your advance!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mL999 View Post
    Dont know what your query is doing on this forum but there you are .
    Well, this sections description does say,

Talk about anything related to PC hardware or software here.
    I'd say this falls under that heading
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm not sure about Outlook, but with Outlook Express you can drag and drop the entire folder or individual DBX files:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{some_bigass_long_number}\Microsof t\Outlook Express
    Quote Quote  
  7. Do a search for your "*.PST" file. Copy it. Done. If you have Archive files, and you want to back them up, they will be in the same place.

Then bring up the page with your Account settings. Print that. Write down your password. Check the additional settings page. Print that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. If I import my contacts/email in Microsoft Mail or Outlook Express how will this help me move them to my external HD and just having a bit of a hard time getting to moved.

Jagabo, the link that sent me to Windows seven forum... does that mean OS Windows 7 and if so does that mean that they have a XP Forum that I can join ? Please keep in mind it is early 8:30 am New Years morning. lol! I haven't got a full cup of coffee in me yet.
    Last edited by tcory; 1st Jan 2011 at 08:33.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The last link tells you exactly where the email and address book are (in Outlook Express) and how to enable "show hidden files and folders" so you can easily get to them with Windows Explorer. Once there you can drag/drop, zip, or whatever. I thought the others might give you some hints about where they are or how to export them from Outlook.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks and I forgot to tell that I was using Outlook 2003. Pretty old program, but I have always liked and used it.

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The last link tells you exactly where the email and address book are (in Outlook Express) and how to enable "show hidden files and folders" so you can easily get to them with Windows Explorer. Once there you can drag/drop, zip, or whatever. I thought the others might give you some hints about where they are or how to export them from Outlook.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Export the PST. I do this weekly.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote