VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Magix Movie Edit and I also use ImgBurn. I have .avi files of my favorite tv show. I'd like to make a compilation video of all my favorite scenes and add my own music to it. I need some help please. Is there a software out there that would be best for this? I am a noob at this video stuff and all the google stuff lead me here. Any tips or advice? thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The odds of a self-confessed newbie pulling off a compilation is pretty slim....a compilation from multiple "AVI" sources is going to be VERY nerve-wracking. If you are replacing the the audio with your own then it won't be so bad. Cutting most flavors of "AVI" and joining them results in serious audio sync issues if not done correctly(IE....cutting on key frames)....and key frames are almost never where you want/need them. Cutting outside of a key frame requires re-encoding of the video.....degrading the quality of the AVI even more.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So which program should i use to do it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And how?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Depending on the format of the AVI, I would try VirtualDub with the 'smart render' function on. Then you may be able to make the cuts where you want and just have it re-encode at the cuts and hopefully keep it all in sync. You can replace/modify the audio with VD or use the freeware audio editor Audacity to smooth it up later. You will likely have to do some audio adjustments for level, etc. There are guides for both programs listed on their tool pages. <<<<<
    Quote Quote