VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to change the bit rate on an mkv file. I am trying to play this via usb on an LG LCD but video seems to stall, break up. It seems that other files work when the bit rate is at Mbps range and this is only at Kbps. Also the Format profile in others are at High Profile 4.1 and the ReFrames are at 5 or 4. BTW the audio here is 2 channel that was converted from 6 channel. What settings should I use or should I encode this with MPEG-4 instead of H.264? How do I prevent the app from shutting down windows in one minute after I close the activity window. TIA.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I was able to render the mkv file after 20+ hours into one that did play well on the LCD. The only problem was that it had no audio and the aspect ratio wasn't preserved. I am attempting this again hopefully preserving the aspect ratio and deleting one of the audio tracks (aac) while keeping the other (ac3) which plays with the LCD. This process is taking 30+ plus hours, is that amount of time correct? Is there other software that can perform this faster. Perhaps SUPER?
    Quote Quote