VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How are you spending christmas this year?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm going to my moms on Christmas eve to celebrate.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Going to annual family dinner on Christmas Eve....Then spending Christmas Night with da new GF.....hehehehe!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Spending the holiday with family, enjoying the company of those we don't see often during the year. We celebrate with tamales here....got away from the traditional dinner about 10 years ago.
    Quote Quote  
  4. We spend Christmas Eve with friend's at there house. Then we have some of the same friend's and others over at our house for Breakfast Christmas Day. In the evening we go over to another friend who usually has an Open House buffet dinner for Christmas, everyone -you guys too! are invited.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 16mmJunkie View Post
    We celebrate with tamales here....
    Tamales! Man, I think I'm gonna break away from the family (we're just doing a ham) and swing by your place this holiday!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is going to be a lonely one as my Mom died earler this year. My sister lives 1,300 km from here and my aunt even further away. This will be the first time in my life where neither my parents nor grandparents are alive to celebrate the holidays. A very weird experience so far....

But I have lots of good friends who have invited me over for Christmas dinner, so I won't go hungry.

Best of the holidays to you all!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just the wife and kid. My family are thousands of miles away and my in-laws are complete dickwads who abandoned their only daughter and grandchild.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Screw the carols, the eggnog, the phony kindness, etc.

Told family, friends, "loved ones", etc, to go away.

All I wanna do this holiday is rape and pillage the electronics chains on boxing day, gets lots of toys (video/computer equipment of course) and play with them for the next month or so and get some serious hobby work done.

I work hard all year, support and help several, so this is my time.

Leave me alone.

Merry Christmas.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I already knew my Christmas was going to be ruined when my mother-in-law moved 4 hours south this year. She'll be here Christmas Eve with her retarded views and crashing on our couch. Everybody has to go to bed at 9 o'clock or else they're just no good. I've had to kick her out countless times when she lived nearby. She can stay anywhere up to 2 weeks and has the potential to also ruin New Years. So, I'm basically going to Hell for the Holidays.
    Last edited by zoobie; 20th Dec 2010 at 12:35.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    I already knew my Christmas was going to be ruined when my mother-in-law moved 4 hours south this year. She'll be here Christmas Eve with her retarded views and crashing on our couch. She can stay anywhere up to 2 weeks.
    Yeesh! You need to get a lumpier couch

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  11. Christmas Eve at my Moms with my side of the family, Christmas morning at home with whomever stays with us for the night, (probably niece and her husband), Christmas afternoon at my wife's parent's house with her side of the family. Our sons will be at both family events at one point or another
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    Everybody has to go to bed at 9 o'clock or else they're just no good.
    I'm just plain "no good" according to my in-laws....no reason necessary.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    In certain areas, there was a time when this was a good occasion to go see a movie, and even theaters showing something that might otherwise have a packed house would be fairly sparse on turnout, so minimal crowds and their annoyances. (At least, I seem to remember that.) Not really true in more recent years, unless you happen to live somewhere that has a lot of religious people who actually go to church then, or who prefer to remain at home with family to celebrate.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Just glad not to be traveling in the UK ! Holy Moly what a mess.

The very best of the holiday season to you all and hope for a good 2011
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  15. We plan to go to our Parents ... actually the entire clan are gonna gather there and celebrate the Christmas.

MERRY XMAS & A Very HAPPY NEW YEAR to VideoHelp Team and ALL of YOU Folks!

G!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Holidays with the inlaws. No wonder I am depressed. Well at least the Ol'Lady is happy and I get some killer internet speeds at the hotel
    IS IT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE LIKE THAT?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    Originally Posted by 16mmJunkie View Post
    We celebrate with tamales here....
    Tamales! Man, I think I'm gonna break away from the family (we're just doing a ham) and swing by your place this holiday!

Well if your running through the state capital give us a buzz, of course a nice cold beer goes well with them don't forget!
    Quote Quote