VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a digital camera, Fuji finepix HS10. It records HD videos, the resulting file is a *mov file. I also have a Panasonic HD tv - TX-P37X20 - with the "Viera" function, should be able to playback the videos when converted to either Mpeg2 or Avchd format, and transferred to a SDhc card.
    Done that - but no luck so far. The message on screen says "No valid file to playback"...I would like to add, that all PHOTOS (*jpg format) comes up nicely as supposed to).

I have tried a couple of different conversion softwares, but same result. Perhaps someone here knows what to do about this, or knows the right software to use for the conversion? Panasonic support talked about some different mpeg2 files, some with "ps", some with ""mod" endings (..??), not sure what they talked about, or how I manage to convert to exactly that kind of format - whatever is is..?
    Thanks -
    Ps.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The HS10 has HDMI out, so you should be able to play video directly to the HDTV without any conversion or transfer.

The MOV file is likely H.264/AVC, which could be turned into a AVCHD structure with an app like tsMuxeR.

Some cameras that record in mpeg-2 save as .mod files (JVC, Panasonic, Canon).

"PS" with regard to mpeg-2 usually means "program stream", that is the way to save mpeg-2 content as a computer file for local playback (usually .mpg), in contrast with "transport stream" which is a specification intended for broadcast/streaming (.ts).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Possibly ClipWrap.
    HTML Code:
    http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap
    I believe it has a free trial.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks - yes I know I should be able to play them off directly from the camera - however, the card has been formatted since, after I copied them to my computer, and now the camera cannot see them, although I put them back, in *mov format, to the same folder, where they originally was created?
    Why not?

I will try the suggested software also.
    Thanks -
    Ps.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ps76 View Post
    Thanks - yes I know I should be able to play them off directly from the camera - however, the card has been formatted since, after I copied them to my computer, and now the camera cannot see them, although I put them back, in *mov format, to the same folder, where they originally was created?
    Why not?
    I believe there are (were) invisible files that are (were) required in order for the camera to "process", so to speak, the video for playback. This is a known issue with many cameras (and camcorders). If ClipWrap doesn't do the job, see if VLC can play the file. If it can, then use VLC's export feature to get the file into a format that QuickTime -can- understand. Keep lots of tools in your toolbox. Please let us know what happens. Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Downloaded CLipwrap....but hey, is it MAC only? I do not seem to be able to install on my pc...?!
    Thanks -
    Ps.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ps76 View Post
    Downloaded CLipwrap....but hey, is it MAC only? I do not seem to be able to install on my pc...?!
    That's too funny!!! You ask a question in a MAC Forum and then want to know why you can't install a MAC program on a PC. LMAO
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry; you'll have to start from scratch in a PC forum.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So sorry - I had no idea this is a MAC forum..I rest my case and try another place.
    Thanks -
    Ps.
    Quote Quote