VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    hi, guys, I have a lots of pictures of my familys, and because the Christmas is coming, so I would like to make a slideshow dvd from those pictures, so how to do that? Will the windows movie make work for that? or the power point...thanks advance...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

thanks for your answer, haha
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want the slideshow to play automatically in a DVD player with music and transitions, the best free program to use is DVD Slideshow GUI, as Baldrick suggested. However, the slides will be limited to DVD resolution 720x480.

If you want a slide show with no music and no transitions, viewable only using a computer for playback, you can prepare the slideshow with Power Point. The advantage is the slides can be in higher resolution.

My brother-in-law sent me such a Power Point slide show, but for my parents to watch the slideshow using a DVD player and their HDTV, I had to extract the slides in .jpg format, name them something like Slide01.jpg, Slide02.jpg, etc. and copy them to a CD. The slides could be advanced manually with the DVD player remote. This will work for many DVD players, though possibly not all.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    If you want the slideshow to play automatically in a DVD player with music and transitions, the best free program to use is DVD Slideshow GUI, as Baldrick suggested. However, the slides will be limited to DVD resolution 720x480.

If you want a slide show with no music and no transitions, viewable only using a computer for playback, you can prepare the slideshow with Power Point. The advantage is the slides can be in higher resolution.

My brother-in-law sent me such a Power Point slide show, but for my parents to watch the slideshow using a DVD player and their HDTV, I had to extract the slides in .jpg format, name them something like Slide01.jpg, Slide02.jpg, etc. and copy them to a CD. The slides could be advanced manually with the DVD player remote. This will work for many DVD players, though possibly not all.
    But powerpont file can't be burn to the DVD/CD disc to watch on dvd player? alright? some friends told that to me...I don't know how ...thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, now there's no person want to help me? my god...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lady Colour View Post
    But powerpont file can't be burn to the DVD/CD disc to watch on dvd player? alright? some friends told that to me...I don't know how ...thanks!
    The Power Point file sent to me used a .ppt extension, and I have never heard of a DVD player that can read one. Newer versions of Power Point can also produce a multimedia slide show with a .pps extension, but I haven't heard of a DVD player that can play those either. As far as I know watching either type of presentation requires a computer and and appropriate software (Power Point/Power Point Viewer). Doing a Google search revealed there are Power Point to DVD video converters around, but I have no idea if any are worthwhile products.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lady Colour View Post
    Well, now there's no person want to help me? my god...
    Excuse me for not wanting to spend every waking moment trying to solve other people's problems for free.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If your dvd player supports Kodak cd then you can burn them as jpg to cd ... if you want them in a specific order they'll need to renamed ... your dvd player's user manual may include some information on this and the naming / folder structure requirements.

As far as dvd goes the resolution is restricted ... 720x576 (pal) ... 720x480 (nstc) ... DVD slideshow GUI will do the basics (organize, transitions, ect)
    Quote Quote  
  9. If you want to convert Power Point presentation to a DVD - DVD slideshow GUI can do that too:
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MemoriesOnTV v4 works very well.
    I've even used it for a few pro projects, when I didn't want to use Premiere.
    http://www.codejam.com/slideshow/index.htm

I would not use Powerpoint. WMM is also a crappy choice here.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think what he means that, he wanted to view those pics in DVD format.

DVD like Tranformers have pics viewers and you can use your remote to change the next picture.

Well, I like to do that but with an audio.
    Do you know why people mostly use Mac in their office?
    Because a lot of stress can lead people to jump off the "Windows".
    Quote Quote