VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've successfully extracted Closed Captioning data as an .SRT file from a cable box firewire signal. This works when I'm done recording the file, and can parse it as a 2nd step.

Am curious about parsing the CC data while the show is still on the air... when I try run CCExtractor against the file while it is still being written, CCExtractor says...

Activity: Unable to open

...and...

Last Message: Failed to determine total file size.

I'm using CCExtractor GUI 0.55 because 0.56 crashes when I test against files recorded off my set-top-box.

There is an input option...

[x] This is live. Continue reading file until no new data arrives for [0] seconds.

...which I've set. To me, this indicates CCExtractor should be able to read a file which is still being written to by another app.

Could someone direct me how to parse a live file? End use will be trying to automatically tweet or provide an RSS feed of the CC data.

I'm attempting this on a 32-bit Win XP box. The account I'm using has administrator privileges.

Thanks for any help. -g
    Last edited by gordonmcdowell; 13th Dec 2010 at 08:08. Reason: Noted I'm using "[x] This is live" option.
    Quote Quote