VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tampa
    Search PM
    Hi first I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, please let me know.

    Well the issue is that I've just made a backup of the Avatar Collector's Editions CD1 and when trying to play it on my PS3 it says that its coded for the region B and my PS3 is A. So I tried removing the region with the "Blu-Ray Region Code Remover" and it says the disc is region free. I think I read that this disc is coded for region A/B. so maybe in the process region a got removed but not B.

    Anybody here knows what is/are the files(s) that hold the information of the region in Blu-Ray discs?
    I wanna see if I can modify it manually to make it region free or just region A to be able to play it.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Yank in Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Where did you get the disc from?
    What software did you use to back up the disc?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tampa
    Search PM
    Well the answer to the first question is kind of obvious so it was already ripped in the computer.

    I just need to know what is the file that hold the info for the region, so that I can modify it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Yank in Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Have a nice day.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tampa
    Search PM
    Ok thanks for your help hech54...


    Anyone can give me a lil help here. Where i got the movie is not that relevant neither what software I used to rip it. What im trying to find out is what are the region files for a blu-ray disc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by djhansel View Post
    Hi first I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, please let me know.

    Well the issue is that I've just made a backup of the Avatar Collector's Editions CD1 and when trying to play it on my PS3 it says that its coded for the region B and my PS3 is A. So I tried removing the region with the "Blu-Ray Region Code Remover" and it says the disc is region free. I think I read that this disc is coded for region A/B. so maybe in the process region a got removed but not B.

    Anybody here knows what is/are the files(s) that hold the information of the region in Blu-Ray discs?
    I wanna see if I can modify it manually to make it region free or just region A to be able to play it.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated..
    Originally Posted by djhansel View Post
    Well the answer to the first question is kind of obvious so it was already ripped in the computer.

    I just need to know what is the file that hold the info for the region, so that I can modify it.
    Read the site rules regarding warez. If you admit to downloading warez, and it looks like you have, sorry no help here. A mod will probably be along to close the thread at some point.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tampa
    Search PM
    Ok sorry for the misunderstanding. I should of read the rules to know that I had to lie here to get help. Don't get me wrong I understand that rules must be followed, but my question could of been answered on the first post without having to ask 20 questions about where I got the movie from. But anyways, I just went to the local Walmart and purchased a copy of the movie.

    Still If anybody can answer my question would be nice.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    The author can be found on the doom9.net website presumably, so you might try asking him. The information I found indicates that your disc is supposed to be region A only. The only way I know to confirm this is to test it with a multi-region BluRay player, set the player to region B, try the disc, repeat for region C.

    Why would you remove the region coding anyway? The rip not playing may be the real problem and may have nothing to do with region coding at all. Some official BluRay software players won't touch rips on disc. The manufacturers are in cahoots with Hollywood on this.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Yank in Europe
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by djhansel View Post
    my question could of been answered on the first post without having to ask 20 questions about where I got the movie from.
    Yes....right up until you basically perjured yourself by saying this:
    Originally Posted by djhansel View Post
    But anyways, I just went to the local Walmart and purchased a copy of the movie.
    ...meaning you did not own the disc in the first place...which I suspected...but in my opinion NO...you did not break any rules in your original post.

    The questions I asked were still very valid questions.
    Where did you get the disc from?
    Importing a disc from a different zone or region...bad idea with Blu Ray...even more "bad" than importing a DVD from another region due to the limited selection of HD ripping software, the prices of reliable HD ripping software, and the virtual impossibility of hacking a Blu Ray player to zone/region free....but a backup should take care of this issue(see below).

    What software did you use to back up the disc?
    To see where I was going with this question...see question #3

    Question #3 - What BD ripping software(like AnyDVD HD) does NOT remove the region/zone coding during the ripping process?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member wulf109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    You could burn it,then rip that disk with AnyDVD or DVD Fab HD to your HD to remove the region code.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tampa
    Search PM
    Im ripping it to my computer as we speak with AnyDVD HD but in the log it says "note: Automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc" (the same message I was getting with the previous copy) so what I think is that the disc has multiple regions instead of being region free.

    I really don't need to remove the regions, I just want to know how to do it manually.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member hech54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Yank in Europe
    Search Comp PM
    There is a check box in AnyDVD that says "Remove Blu-Ray Region Code".
    http://www.corusa.com/public/Blu-Ray_Backup_Guide_milOtis.pdf
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by djhansel View Post
    I really don't need to remove the regions, I just want to know how to do it manually.
    If all you had to do was just go into some directory and change a file with a text editor don't you think
    1) That instructions would exist on the internet on how to do this?
    2) That people probably wouldn't write special programs to remove this information?

    I guess if you really can't live without knowing how to do this, you can join Doom9 and ask someone who knows what it takes. But I'm pretty sure that Hollywood would never have agreed to a system where the region code existed in a simple text file that could be changed by the user. Hollywood can be dumb and they have consistently underestimated the ability of smart people to crack their protection methods, but even I can't believe that they would do that.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by djhansel View Post
    Ok sorry for the misunderstanding. I should of read the rules to know that I had to lie here to get help. Don't get me wrong I understand that rules must be followed, but my question could of been answered on the first post without having to ask 20 questions about where I got the movie from. But anyways, I just went to the local Walmart and purchased a copy of the movie.

    Still If anybody can answer my question would be nice.
    Thanks for clearing that up for us.

    Originally Posted by djhansel View Post
    Im ripping it to my computer as we speak with AnyDVD HD but in the log it says "note: Automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc" (the same message I was getting with the previous copy) so what I think is that the disc has multiple regions instead of being region free.

    I really don't need to remove the regions, I just want to know how to do it manually.
    Hollywood is forever coming up with new disc protection strategies. I guess you will have to wait for AnyDVD to release an update to fix the problem.I've heard they have a pretty quick turn-around.

    Now that you have seen the light and have decided to buy all your movies, you will never have to deal with defective downloads, or malware-ridden warez ever again.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads