VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Much appreciate the insight and education jagabo!

As my intended source is to be web-streaming I don't think there will be much in the way of player settings but I am hopeful on the graphics card side. In NVIDIA Control Panel I see a number of options for Vertical Sync. While it's listed under 3D settings I'm pretty sure it applies globally. Currently it's set at the default "Use the 3D application setting" but does have additional options of "off", "on", "adaptive" and "adaptive (half refresh rate)". I'll give these a test this evening.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I see what doing that know PC Horizontal Screen tearing yup that is due to frames not syncing with each other the best thing to do is enabled VSync but if that doesn't help then try turn triple buffering on in video adv control center see that help
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks SHS!

Yes, I see an option for Triple Buffering. It's currently off so that is another tool to place on the possible-fix list.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just wonder Golem what nVidia Model do have ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After making changes (alone and in combination) to the Vertical Sync, Triple Buffering & Virtual Reality Pre-buffered Frames I was able to "slightly" lessen the tearing but not completely or to an acceptable degree. In doing this, I noted another possible cause. Of the two listed displays one is Colossus and its refresh rate is 30Hz. Unfortunately it only offers 30, 29 and 25 Hz options. I can create a custom resolution profile to test if this could be the problem but I'd like to make sure forcing 60Hz is safe for the components involved.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    I just wonder Golem what nVidia Model do have ?
    Sorry 'bout that. Was formulating my previous post hence cross-posting.

GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    Driver v359.06
    Quote Quote  
  7. Are you using more that one video output on the playback computer? Ie, one for a montior and another to the Colossus? Often, vsync only works on one output. Try switching the monitor and Colossus outputs.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That could be a problem. The serving computer is dual-monitor out but uses HDMI and DVI out so not an option to switch. Guess I could back it down to single-monitor out but because of the very slow cursor response in the remote capture window it's difficult to do site navigation. But I will try it if bumping the Hz is not an viable option.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using Clone Mode or Extend Mode

It not uncommon with some nVidia card you can read about here
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/525625/nvidia-geforce-gtx-650-ti-horizontal-s...reen-tearing-/
    Quote Quote  
  10. Also check the flash(?) player's hardware acceleration setting. Try both off and on.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    We got it guys!

I was reading through the thread in SHS' link and one of the items of note worked. It ended up being the fact I was NOT using Windows Aero. It seems when the basic theme is used v-sync is forced OFF. Just got finished running a couple test captures and no tearing is evident.

Thanks again for all your input and suggestions that led me to the fix. Life is good.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looking to verify there isn't a "secret" way to capture with the Colossus to a DVD compliant format. Pretty sure the long and short answer is NO.

Btw guys, tearing is 100% history. Aero = v-sync nirvana.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Golem View Post
    Looking to verify there isn't a "secret" way to capture with the Colossus to a DVD compliant format. Pretty sure the long and short answer is NO.

Btw guys, tearing is 100% history. Aero = v-sync nirvana.
    No for DVD compliant format you have convert the clip to MPEG-2 just use XMedia Recode to transcode it
    But can make Blu-ray compliant format disc with stock HD-PVR clips on to DVD disc but I haven't done that in years so I don't which new app dose that now days you have ask to around but ArcSoft old app call TotalMedia Extreme that come with some HD-PVR and I think Showbiz did that to under Produce know as Create AVCHD.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks SHS!

Because I didn't want to swap an RGN150 every day for the X1 box, well, I have 40 50min episodes to convert. Was using VideoRedo to transcode but it seems a bit slow. Will give XMedia Recode a try. While that's happening I'll start shopping for a CableCARD tuner [u_q ] to add to my A/V computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Reviving the old thread.

I have my Colossus HD-PVR in my Windows 10-1709 PC and it is working great. I have both ArcSoft TME capture and Hauppauge Capture installed.
    Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 10-1803 (Spring Creators Update) and both TME and Capture don't work.

WTF Microsoft?

Did anybody in this thread with Colossus and Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 10-1803?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MozartMan View Post
    Reviving the old thread.

I have my Colossus HD-PVR in my Windows 10-1709 PC and it is working great. I have both ArcSoft TME capture and Hauppauge Capture installed.
    Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 10-1803 (Spring Creators Update) and both TME and Capture don't work.

WTF Microsoft?

Did anybody in this thread with Colossus and Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 10-1803?
    I haven't tried using my Hauppauge Colossus in a windows 10 system, but there have been other reports of Arcsoft's software failing to work after Windows 10 updates. See https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/387755-Arcsoft-TotalMedia-Theatre-was-broken-by-Ja...Windows-Update

Since Arcsoft ended development and dropped support for all of its video-related products in 2014, it is doubtful that anything will be done to make their broken software functional again. The problem with Hauppauge Capture is more likely to be fixed if it affects other Hauppauge capture products still in production in addition to the Hauppauge Colossus, which is no longer made.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try uninstall it and reinstall it
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Reviving the old thread.

WTF Microsoft?

I haven't tried using my Hauppauge Colossus in a windows 10 system, but there have been other reports of Arcsoft's software failing to work after Windows 10 updates. See https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/387755-Arcsoft-TotalMedia-Theatre-was-broken-by-Ja...Windows-Update

Since Arcsoft ended development and dropped support for all of its video-related products in 2014, it is doubtful that anything will be done to make their broken software functional again. The problem with Hauppauge Capture is more likely to be fixed if it affects other Hauppauge capture products still in production in addition to the Hauppauge Colossus, which is no longer made.
    I use Macrium Reflect to image my PC before any Microsoft update. So, I restored PC image with 1709 and I am back in business. TME and Hauppauge Capture work again.
    I hope Hauppauge company updates drivers because Colossus and Colossus 2 are still active products.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    Try uninstall it and reinstall it
    It didn't work with Windows 10-1803.
    I use Macrium Reflect to image my PC before any Microsoft update. So, I restored PC image with 1709 and I am back in business. TME and Hauppauge Capture work again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I got ArcSoft Capture and Hauppauge Capture working on Windows 10 1803. The issue was that I had access to microphone and disabled in privacy settings.

They both work now on 1803.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I got ArcSoft Capture and Hauppauge Capture working on Windows 10 1803. The issue was that I had access to microphone and disabled in privacy settings.

They both work now on 1803.
    That good to hears
    Quote Quote