VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Sony Optiarc BD RW BD-5730S. Using AnyDVD HD to remove encryption. I then use BD Rebuilder (version 36.03) to burn to BD-25. I'm using Optical Quantum BD-R 25GB discs to burn to. I have burned Toy Story 3 & How to Train your Dragon and they play perfect on my PS3 but when I try to play them on my Samsung BD-C6900 3D player it will not play. I can see the folders and can search through each but the player cannot find any media file to play. It does burn as a .m2ts file so I have no idea what I'm missing or doing wrong. I hope someone can help me resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by gruvin2 View Post
    I can see the folders
    I believe you just found your answer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry I should have stated earlier. I made 2 copies of Toy Story 3. One with just the stream and another with all output folders created by BD rebuilder. Both play on the PS3 neither play on the samsung BD-C6900 player. I can only hope it is something obvious I'm over-looking.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It might be garbage discs....but it's hard to tell that because there isn't much info available out there yet to tell who makes good discs and who makes bad discs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The fact that my PS3 can play them without a hiccup & my 3D player can see the folders on the disc I assume its not a bad burn. Your suggesting it could be low quality medium like the days of old using blank DVD's?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Your suggesting it could be low quality medium like the days of old using blank DVD's?
    It's possible...and they still make junk DVD blanks today.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok so I just read in my TV manual something that confuses me. I Have the Samsung UN55C8000 and it states AVCHD are not
    supported, but I can play them fine through my PS3. Link to the manual.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201009/20100906142602031/%5BUC8000-NA%5DB...06L03-0903.pdf

Bottom of page 40. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the help btw Hech
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Now we are out of my domain. Hopefully someone will come along and keep this going.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Still no luck, Samsung forums seem like a ghost-town. Hoping someone here can lead me in the right direction. Someone has to have encountered this issue.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ok so I just read in my TV manual something that confuses me. I Have the Samsung UN55C8000 and it states AVCHD are not

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201009/20100906142602031/%5BUC8000-NA%5DB...06L03-0903.pdf

You are overthinking this. This TV may be used as a media player. Such TVs have restrictions on what they will play via the USB port. So it won't play AVCHD via the USB port. However, these restrictions are ONLY on what you have the TV itself play via USB. So if you have a BluRay player that supports AVCHD connected to the TV then it will play AVCHD fine. This is why it works on your PS3.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Ok so I just read in my TV manual something that confuses me. I Have the Samsung UN55C8000 and it states AVCHD are not

You are overthinking this. This TV may be used as a media player. Such TVs have restrictions on what they will play via the USB port. So it won't play AVCHD via the USB port. However, these restrictions are ONLY on what you have the TV itself play via USB. So if you have a BluRay player that supports AVCHD connected to the TV then it will play AVCHD fine. This is why it works on your PS3.
    jman thanks for the clarification. You are right my over-thinking the issue with the HDTV.

Now I just need to find out why my new Samsung 3D player won't play my BD-R but plays on the PS3 no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Bump,

Still looking for a resolution to this. Samsung has been no help in getting an answer to this. Has no one else come across this issue? I really want to start burning Blu-ray movies and don't wish to waste anymore discs.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    gruvin2,

Bought the same player for the family for Xmas. Looks like the player should be able to play a bd-25 disc based on these specs at cnet:

http://reviews.cnet.com/blu-ray-players-recorders/samsung-bd-c6900/4507-9991_7-3397107...wBody;lwrspecs

Since it can see the folders, I'd guess that there's some built-in protection against it. I gave up burning discs a few years ago and went to network shares on my PC to a WDTV Live. Re-encoding time just isn't worth it.

Have you tried the network option on the player? If you have it on your network... It may play more content via DNLA or other media sharing capabilities over the network.
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    are you sure you burned them with the proper file structure, format, etc. for compliant bluray dvd? you mentioned you can see the folders on one of the discs, so that makes me think maybe you didn't burn the proper root folder or something? perhaps the PS3 plays it anyway just acting as a media player rather than 'bluray player'? just guesses, i'm not familiar with the bluray file structure but maybe someone else here is, and can tell you if yours is correct? anyone?
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm guessing that this is one of those BDMV vs. BDAV compliance issues that have been bandied about lately. I'm not surprised.

IMO, it's just another way for THE MAN to keep you down!

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by TooLFooL View Post
    are you sure you burned them with the proper file structure, format, etc. for compliant bluray dvd? you mentioned you can see the folders on one of the discs, so that makes me think maybe you didn't burn the proper root folder or something? perhaps the PS3 plays it anyway just acting as a media player rather than 'bluray player'? just guesses, i'm not familiar with the bluray file structure but maybe someone else here is, and can tell you if yours is correct? anyone?
    This is where I'm looking to now. I did notice that the PS3 tags the burned blu-rays as Data disc. My 1st attempt I burned just the stream that BD-RE created. Played on my PS3 flawless, but since my Samsung didn't play the disc I went back and burned a 2nd copy this time with all the folders that BD-RE created. Again, the PS3 played it without a hiccup, but this time the Samsung player showed the folders but not the stream in the folder. It acted as if the stream was not a recognized file type. The file shows as .m2ts file structure. Is this NOT the correct type of output format to use?? I checked again and my Firmware on the Samsung 3D player is up-to-date.

I was reading about .m2ts on wikipedia and was a bit confused. Looks like this is the culprit. If so what output format should I be using (my Samsung says it can play AVCHD) but seems the player does not have the codec for .m2ts
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    gruvin2 - What did you burn this with? ImgBurn? Something else? What UDF version was used when burning this disc?

At this point I'd recommend that you post a list of all the folders on the disc and everything in them, including as much info as you can (size of files, etc.). Maybe the PS3 isn't fussy and you're doing something wrong that Samsung is refusing to deal with.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    gruvin2 - What did you burn this with? ImgBurn? Something else? What UDF version was used when burning this disc?

At this point I'd recommend that you post a list of all the folders on the disc and everything in them, including as much info as you can (size of files, etc.). Maybe the PS3 isn't fussy and you're doing something wrong that Samsung is refusing to deal with.

jman-- I did NOT use ImgBurn since I had not installed that until recently. I have windows7 and suspect I just burned it with windows media center. I'm not familiar with UDF or which version I currently have installed (where can I find this?) When I get home later I'll post the files/folders that I burned. Thanks for the reply.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    UDF is a disc format. BluRay requires 2.50. I have no idea what on earth Windows Media Center (yikes!) will use, but I'd bet it ain't 2.50. Using a version of UDF other than 2.50 or not using UDF at all could result in anomalous behavior by BluRay players.

Start ImgBurn and put one of your burned discs in the burner. The Info tab should tell what version of UDF was used on the burn. Good burning programs will let you set this. Who knows what WMC does? Does Microsoft themselves even know?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you burned a bluray it couldn't have been Media Center, but probably just 'windows disc burner'
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
  21. Well jman hit it on the head. Once I installed Imgburn it has been burning flawlessly! Thanks to all for there assistance in trying to help me resolve this dilemma
    Quote Quote