VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello guys, I'm new to this forum but I thought joining it might help me out on a little problem I have.

The problem is that, in MPEG Streamclip, regardless of what the input resolution of a video is, whenever I select convert to 3gp, it always comes out to 176x144.
    I realize that this is probably like a "standard" size for 3gp format videos, but I find that strange because my phone takes videos in 3gp but at 320 x 240.

I am yet to find another format that works on my phone (LG prime) for videos, so atm 3gp is my only option. Even though 176x144 can be watched... it is not very enjoyable as it is quite blurry when stretched any.

Therefore my question is, is there a way to change the resolution of 3gp videos in MPEG Streamclip? I tried converting a video in VisualHub to "flash" format, which was recognized but I got an error saying the file size is too big (it was only about 9 megs). I dont have this limitation (to my knowledge) on 3gp because I converted a 700 mb avi movie to 3gp and it was able to play it (albeit at the aforementioned resolution).

If MPEG Streamclip can't do it, do you have any suggestions for other applications that can do this?

Thanks in advance,
    Albert
    Last edited by betomon; 4th Dec 2010 at 00:35. Reason: Typo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by betomon View Post
    whenever I select convert to 3gp, it always comes out to 176x144.
    My copy of MPEG Streamclip allows 320x240 for 3GP, and I don't think I'm doing anything special.
    File > Export to other formats > 3G > Options > Set codecs, set image size.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you actually convert the file or do you just see it as an option? Because I can chose 320x240 but at the end of the conversion the file is still 176x144.

Please let me know. And if it does come out to 320x240 in the end can you tell me what version of MPEG Streamclip you have?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ouch. Yes I did actual conversions. File variations and setting variations, to see if my procedure would 'break'. But it didn't break.
    Note that the Frame Size in the main Other Formats window is ignored, only the image size setting in the Options (3G Export settings) window counts for the final output.
    I tried both 1.9.2 and 1.9.3b4.
    Quote Quote