VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When loading a file on amazon s3, for hosting your videos, for your readers to view from your website, what is the quickest file to upload

WMV or mp4 or FLV ?

(if i am experimenting, then the contents in identical on all 3 types)

or does it depend on the size of the file ?

I want efficient streaming for 100s of visitors, so would i be better to convert my amazon s3 powerpoint videos to WMV or mp4 or FLV ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The file size and the bandwidth from your isp will determine upload speed. I wouldn't worry too much about how long a file takes to upload in this instance. I would want the maximum number of people be able to view my content, millions of people already use youtube, and if you go with FLV, just about anybody is already set to watch it.

I would prioritize it as #1 - maximum possible people able to play it back without needing a codec they don't have or some other player issue #2 file size smaller for fast streams on users with slower connections.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not WMV.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote