VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Not really sure as to where this should be posted, so if this is in the wrong section I apologize. I am getting ready to rip my DVD movies and TV series onto my HD so that I can watch them from any room in the house, as my PS3 and SamSung all have wifi and are networked into a shared HD. Now the question I have is at present I have used DVDFab8 to make my backups of these disks. and on both the Samsung and PS3 it will allow you to sort by movie, TV series genre etc, although I can not find a way using DVDFab to tag them as such. What program can I use so that when I select TV series the shows I have like Andromeda (complete series) show up there and not under movies. Or Moies like The Matrix doesn't show up under TV shows. Right now the only option I have is to select show all which will be a pain to find someting, with over 300+ movies and 100 pluse complete TV Series. Yes these are all the original DVD's (Don't own any BueRay Movies etc at this time) Oh the file format I am useing on the HD is AVI,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Digenes View Post
    Not really sure as to where this should be posted, so if this is in the wrong section I apologize. I am getting ready to rip my DVD movies and TV series onto my HD so that I can watch them from any room in the house, as my PS3 and SamSung all have wifi and are networked into a shared HD. Now the question I have is at present I have used DVDFab8 to make my backups of these disks. and on both the Samsung and PS3 it will allow you to sort by movie, TV series genre etc, although I can not find a way using DVDFab to tag them as such. What program can I use so that when I select TV series the shows I have like Andromeda (complete series) show up there and not under movies. Or Moies like The Matrix doesn't show up under TV shows. Right now the only option I have is to select show all which will be a pain to find someting, with over 300+ movies and 100 pluse complete TV Series. Yes these are all the original DVD's (Don't own any BueRay Movies etc at this time) Oh the file format I am useing on the HD is AVI,
    I stream to my PS3 using the PS3 Media Server, and simply organise each movie/TV show into folders based on genre.

Also, you might want to consider using h.264 video format instead of AVI (which I am assuming holds either Xvid or divX video) as you can obtain better quality for the same file size. Have a look at Handbrake, MeGUI or Super for some excellent conversion software.
    AVI needs to hurry up and die!

As far as the Samsung goes, I've got two Samsung TVs (50" plasma and 32" LCD, both series 5) and found the streaming capabilities to be less than average. I just stream to the PS3 for the 50" and ended up getting a WD Live TV for the 32".
    Friendly beatings available, inquire within.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You need a Boxee Box. Once they've worked out all the bugs.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4029/the-boxee-box-review

I think XBMC will do what you want via its DLNA server.
    Last edited by jagabo; 28th Nov 2010 at 18:56.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe put something in the filename?
    Quote Quote