VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an Amazon s3 account, and want to host some videos on there. I dont want to use youtube to host, which is why I am asking about amazon.

I have basic 10 minute powerpoint videos, about 10,000 KB in size, and dont want them to go slow.

I want these videos hosted on webpages, which I use Dreamweaver to make.

How do i connect this Amazon s3 Hosted video to my Webpage?

Do i need a seperate video player installed on my server? and have to insert code into my webpage, which links the s3Amazon video, to the player, to my Page ?

I can make page changes using dreamweaver, but how to you link the s3 amazon video of mine to my page, so people can view it worldwide?

Can you give some steps please, or a video to give instructions? or tutorial ?

Also, which video player is this? this is the kinda of thing i want to do

(view this picture)

http://www.ebenpagangurublueprint.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ebenpaganvideo1.jpg

^ Which player is that? and please give some assistance to my above questions.

(I want to use Amazon s3, before you suggest a list of others)

Thanks in advance...
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ebenpaganvideo1.jpg
Views:	2155
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	4330  

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Convert to mp4 with h264 video and aac audio. Upload it. Use a flash player like flowplayer or jw player on your site and put the link to the amazon in the html/javascript.

Read the documentation how to use a flash player:

http://flowplayer.org/documentation/index.html

http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/
    Quote Quote  
  3. And remember, every time someone clicks on your video you will pay .14 Cents per gig. I recommend that you use some other host for the vids. Vimeo is a suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a dedicated service like amazon is a good choice if you want to control the quality of your videos, but its not free, with free hosting like vimeo you need to upload in the best quality (huge uploads) not recommended to slow net connections and theres no player branding.

i would recommend a service that has both of this requirements:
    www.blip.tv

1- no player branding, you can customize with your name or link the player back to your site if you embed it elsewhere.
    2- your original upload doesnt get reencoded (it does but its up to you to decide whether you want the master or the converted version to be used)
    3- you can hotlink your uploads and use third party players like the ones above suggested by baldrick but even those one are "branded".
    4- "unlimited" bandwith
    5- you can upload webm videos and hotlink them
    Last edited by ricardouk; 26th Nov 2010 at 06:38.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Can you get rid of the ads on Blip?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can opt out.... wether to show them or not... the revenue is shared with you, but you can set it up not to show them in the admin panel
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote