VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi guys its been so long since i converted any film that i have downloaded on my computer that i need some1 to give me a quick recap ,new downloads cannot be read on my dvd player so i need to convert them into something that will play,i have a dvd-026hd player,please help my son is dying to see some recent film we have downloaded,and watching them thro the computer isent great when we got a nice big tv screen,look forward to a reply thankyou
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your source is Xvid/Divx AVI files, and the player supports playback of these files, use Imgburn to burn a data disc. No conversion necessary.

If the source files are of a different format then it really depends on what you want to do with them. AVS2DVD or DVD Flick will convert them to DVD format, ready for Imgburn to burn, however you will only get one movie per disc, you will have to re-encode which means quality loss and time, and if the source is better than DVD quality, the drop will be even bigger.

In this day and age you are better off getting a media player like the WD-TV or similar, and a portable USB HDD, and avoiding conversion and burning altogether.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote