VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Even the latest version of Super fails to convert it with *any* of the option combinations.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just a thought - is there any way to hardcode .ASS file to an .MKV as a "solid file"? I have no problems converting the .MKV (h264 container) in and of itself. If there was a way to make the .MKV file "flat", that might solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's easy to hardcode an ass file into a video. The fansubbers do it all the time. AlanHK showed you how earlier. One way is by using an AviSynth script with the VSFilter loaded and a line in the script:

TextSub("C:\Path\To\Movie.ass")

You said your video source is an MPG, so I don't know why you'd mention an MKV/h264. But hardsubbing a subtitle sort of defeats the purpose of having selectable subs in a DVD. I suppose you could do something similar using VDub, but I don't care about that way.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, the original file is a 1920x1080 h264 .MKV file with AC3 audio & ASS subs. I want to convert it all into formats suitable for DVD authoring. I have been able to convert the h264 video to 720x480 MPEG2. Since there is only one audio file, it does not matter of the subs are selectable, therefore I put out the option to hardcode them. I do not know how to create scripts for AVISynth, and, by the name, does that not specifically output in AVI?
    Quote Quote  
  5. No, AviSynth scripts can be used to feed into most encoders outputting to most video formats. I use them almost daily for encoding for DVD.

Well, if you're unfamiliar with it then maybe use a front end which allows for adding in external subs, one such as XviD4PSP. I'm sure there are other programs you can use also.
    Quote Quote