VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BACKGROUND/HISTORY

I think the subject pretty much as the question. I installed the win32 x264.exe from http://www.x264.nl/ and put Leimings x264 GUI in the same folder. And the x264 won't even attempt anything. It very quickly closes the dos prompt window. I took a very fast screen shot and it said

delay.exe is not an operable or executable compand
    setpath.exe is not an operable or executable command
    setpath.bat is not an operable or executable command

I googled it how to install the x264.exe and I ended up with LINUX version on win32 via mingw32.

I was thinking wait a second. I have the WINDOWS x2642exe why the heck is it saying

c:/bin/setpath is not an operable command.

So. I said OK. What is going on. So I thought maybe the windows version needed a unix shell command. because of the other instructions I found from DOOM10 which was how to put the unix/linux version of x264.exe on a win32 enviroment. That is not what I wanted to do. I tried it.......and now I could not compile that one either. And even if I could it may not be usable with Leimings GUI.

WHAT DO I DO NExT?

WINDOWS X264.exe, once it is downloaded and installed in the same director as leimings gui, what is next? One time the command line was in the directory c:/x264 and then another time I put it in c:/Leimings x264" and put the command line in there.

so obviously.......it wants delay.exe and setpath.exe.

Let us assume for all purposes, x264.exe will be in c:/x264.exe

Now, teach me what to do next. But please teach me, like you are teaching a baby. I need pictures probably. if it is a CMD, write CMD.

I also tried to make a setpath.exe by making a notepad file and wrote set local Path="c:\x264.exe" And then save it as an exe. I tired the same thing, but this time, I called it a bat file. BOTH DId NOT WORK.

So yes, I need a picture book or detailed instructions on how to make the windows x264.exe work. Let us forget that I mentioned the other version.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess it is just me versus the world just like Scott Pilgrim versus the world.
    Quote Quote