VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I use DVD fab HD decryptor to rip this movie I dont actually get one large file to encode later on for the main movie.
    Instead I get alot of smaller video files that make up the movie. In handbrake it only lets you selcet one file to encode. Does anyone know a way around this?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe I should have mentioned it is for Blu-Ray
    Quote Quote  
  3. Right I know where the files for the movie are but there is not a main movie file they are all broken up into smaller files that would not be the size or length of the main movie they are all split.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tegstar83 View Post
    Right I know where the files for the movie are but there is not a main movie file they are all broken up into smaller files that would not be the size or length of the main movie they are all split.
    ....and it has been that way since the invention of DVD. That is the way it is. There is no way around it. You need to now take the next step to use software to find and combine those pieces(VOB files on DVD) if you need to further edit the video. Most software that converts the video(to something else) will find and combine those pieces for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well when I ripped quantum of solace it was the main movie that was one large file, with terminator and when I encode this file with handbrake it only codes the specific file that I chose and wont find or add the rest of the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Look I followed this guide and it made no mention of separate files or if they are there how to join them.
    http://lifehacker.com/5559007/the-hassle+free-guide-to-ripping-your-blu+ray-collection
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Then you are going to need a paper and pencil and a way to preview those pieces in the correct order to create what you want. TSMuxer comes to mind but I'm not sure it has a preview option.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just use Ripbot264 or bdrebuilder instead. They can can convert to mp4 or mkv.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or else must you use bdedit to find the correct playlist, open that playlist in tsmuxer, export to single m2ts, open it in handbrake and convert.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Or use Clown_BD to extract the main movie and output to TS, M2TS, or BD. There's more than one way to do it.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have no Idea on how to use any of these programs, is there any tuts on these that I can use?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Since you've learned how to use Handbrake, surely it won't be too hard to master a few more programs.

Anyway, here's a Clown_BD guide:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wiki/index.php/Remux_Blu-ray_HD_DVD_Main_Movie_for_Playback
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote