VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

My basic question is this. I want to run an HDMI cable out of my DirecTV tuner box into a tv tuner card in my pc. I have 2 23" LG monitors side by side and while im doing something on one monitor I want to display the feed onto the other monitor. Is this possible and if so which tv tuner card for my pc is recommended. Thank You.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are no TV tuner cards that have an HDMI input. I have seen three video capture cards that do have one, but they will not record or display video from a source with HDCP. Unfortunately, the output from your DirecTV receiver will have HDCP.

If up to 1080i is acceptable, the Hauppauge HD PVR, an external USB capture device which uses analog component video is a better choice.

I think watching video on one monitor while working on the other is possible using Theater Mode for the video display monitor, but I have not done it myself. (Theater Mode is what ATI calls it, not sure what Nvidia calls their version of this feature.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your LG monitor supports HDCP, you can set the DirecTV box to 720p/60 and connect with HDMI to DVI-D cable.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote