VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. From a newbie:

Is it possible to burn a file in TS format to a DVD (not a BD-R) so that I can play it in my Blu-Ray player? I want to maintain the hi-rez file and not re-encode it to DVD standards.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How big is the file?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TSmuxer will convert it to BR file structure to burn and play as a BR disk. It will not re-encode,just make it BR compatible.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The user could make an AVCHD disc or a BluRay format disc using one of several tools, but it's impossible to guarantee that such a disc will definitely play on any random BluRay player. Whoever wants to know will simply have to try until they find something that works. I've learned with my Momitsu BluRay player that while it doesn't matter if I create an AVCHD or BluRay format disc, multiAVCHD can't produce anything under any settings that my player can play, so I have to use tsmuxer. I have also learned that while 1080i/p discs play fine in my player, 720p has so many problems that those discs are unwatchable.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    how big is the file?

1.7gb

Update: I used txmuxer to output the files as AVCHD. I then burned a disc using IMGBurn (setting: UDF 2.50) and it played flawlessly in my Blu-Ray player.

Thanks!!!!

R
    Last edited by robertazimmerman; 9th Nov 2010 at 12:39.
    Quote Quote