VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm just wondering if Nero Burning ROM 10 (in the Nero 10 package) has the option to burn as Blu-ray. I suppose the drop-down menu would have CD, DVD and Blu-ray?...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.nero.com/eng/nero10-hd-version-comparison.html

Not to hard to find out

Took me like 10 seconds to click the link to the tools page then the link to their official site.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks. (And I remember you, but I hope it's water under the bridge.)

Anyway, I was hoping for a response from somebody who has actually tried it.

...I mean, so I would know for sure that it has support right out of the box. Some companies can say they want an additional fee to activate Blu-ray capabilities, and I'm not looking for anything sneaky like that. (Don't know if Nero's parent company would do that, but...)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most people would advise you to use Imgburn to burn Blue Ray and most other burning needs. I used Nero once to burn a Blue Ray disk and it wouldn't play in my standalone and have not used Nero since. Nero is"bloatware" and best avoided.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Oh, okay, Wulf109. Thank you very much!

And I see it's freeware, so I will try it for sure.

But how come a free program is better than a proven, expensive, well-known one?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jeanpave View Post
    It just is....and has been for a VERY long time. Even under it's previous name(DVDDecrypter)....ImgBurn was a better burner than all others....because that is all it does...Burn discs.
    ImgBurn is not a video/audio player, recorder, audio editor, video transcoder, photo editor, cover designer, video editor, drive tester, damaged file rescuer etc etc etc like Nero....ImgBurn just burns.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why should payware software be assumed to be better than freeware or opensource software ? The fact that you are paying for a piece of software, or that it is sold by a company, says absolutely nothing at all about the skills of the people who have written it, or the quality of the product. Personally, I don't believe Nero has had a good track record since version 5, and has been on a fairly consistent downward slide since that time.

Nero is not an isolated case here, either. Just look at the myriad of video converters that advertise to the unwary (many of them spam these forums on a regular basis) that are hastily thrown together collections of often open-source derived code that has been so poorly implemented that the results rarely rise above mediocre. Yet our tools list is filled with freeware alternatives that use the same building blocks, but are put together by people with far more skill, and that produce far higher quality output. And these are released for the good of the community and the occasional donation from an appreciative user.

To assume value or quality based solely on price is to make a very false assumption indeed.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Even under it's previous name(DVDDecrypter)....ImgBurn was a better burner than all others
    No kidding!?

ImgBurn is made by the same guy(s) who made DVD Decrypter?!

I still use DVD Decrypter. It's still a great program, in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Why should payware software be assumed to be better than freeware or opensource software ? The fact that you are paying for a piece of software, or that it is sold by a company, says absolutely nothing at all about the skills of the people who have written it, or the quality of the product. Personally, I don't believe Nero has had a good track record since version 5, and has been on a fairly consistent downward slide since that time.

Nero is not an isolated case here, either. Just look at the myriad of video converters that advertise to the unwary (many of them spam these forums on a regular basis) that are hastily thrown together collections of often open-source derived code that has been so poorly implemented that the results rarely rise above mediocre. Yet our tools list is filled with freeware alternatives that use the same building blocks, but are put together by people with far more skill, and that produce far higher quality output. And these are released for the good of the community and the occasional donation from an appreciative user.

To assume value or quality based solely on price is to make a very false assumption indeed.
    Yeah, you have a point. It's just that I don't remember having heard of ImgBurn before. And the Nero people keep making their program because people buy it, right? (Therefore, it's reasonably good.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some 2.5 million people and counting have purchased power balance wrist bands, and they are worthless as anything but a rubber wrist-band. People can be convinced to buy something because they are told it is good, even if it has no value at all.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Some 2.5 million people and counting have purchased power balance wrist bands, and they are worthless as anything but a rubber wrist-band. People can be convinced to buy something because they are told it is good, even if it has no value at all.
    Do you mean those "magnetic" bracelets ? There is a TV commercial here showing people in a mall trying them & it's like they can't stand up then after putting one on they make it seem like a wrecking ball could not knock them over!

LMAO!!!

I am guessing so because i have no idea what you're talking about.....
    But i can imagine because i have had my moments here over the last decade, LOL!!

Anyway, I was hoping for a response from somebody who has actually tried it
    Well you only asked if it had the option, but i've never actually tried it and doubt i ever will.
    Those disc's are way to expensive to be testing out nero with them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Do you mean those "magnetic" bracelets ? There is a TV commercial here showing people in a mall trying them & it's like they can't stand up then after putting one on they make it seem like a wrecking ball could not knock them over!

LMAO!!!
    This is how those tests work :

Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM

Anyway, I was hoping for a response from somebody who has actually tried it.

...I mean, so I would know for sure that it has support right out of the box. Some companies can say they want an additional fee to activate Blu-ray capabilities, and I'm not looking for anything sneaky like that. (Don't know if Nero's parent company would do that, but...)
    Nope, it does it right out of the box. It's what I use to author most of my BD's. I'm not overly wild about the really long render times, but it has better templates than TMPG, not to mention it also produces AVC Blu-Rays.
    Quote Quote