VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,I have a PC that I want to use as a htpc/media streamer.I have looked at the parts to make sure they can handle the job and there are no issues.So I pose afew questions to everybody.
    1:What are some plausible htpc software solutions that use an OS or their own os for my purpose and what are your opinions on them.
    2:Is it worth me building just a straight nas box to do my streaming using applicable software.
    3:Has any had/have issues with ps3 not playing the whole folder of a DVD rip(vob folder),It will play/see them as separate sections but not the whole thing like a pc software player.

Media would be music,tv,movies-bluray playback included.I am not worries about conversion or ripping/encoding as I have learned what I need already.Thanks for any help/links with this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm not sure exactly how you plan to use the HTPC. As a pretty front end, Boxee runs on both Windows an Linux. You don't need anything special to share files across a network. If you have DLNA devices Win7 has a DLNA server. You can run PlayOn as a DLNA server on XP. There are lots of free DLNA servers too, both Windows and Linux.
    Quote Quote