VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking for any help on how to add an mp3 audio file onto a video file. The video format is in mp4. I can cut the mp3 to the length of the video clip but how can I sync that audio with that clip the easiest way. Any advice here please? Also what's the best format for a video which gives high quality picture and sound? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you say sync do you mean before the cutting, or do you mean just muxing the audio and video together.

If it is the former, try Reaper for a free solution that lets you see the video while working on the audio.

If you are just muxing, try Yamp.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a cut Mp3 clip which needs to be inserted in the video at the right point... so yes I would need to watch the video too. Will try reaper. I hope I can do it on the trial version. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The trial version is unrestricted.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't just insert a piece of audio into a video container at an arbitrary point. It has to be a complete audio track with a matching length to the video. So you will either have to mix it into the existing original audio, or create a new track with silence up to the point where you audio starts, and from the end of your audio to the end of the clip.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote