VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Look through your BIOS and see what options it has for FSB speed.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'll wait until my dad (has computer experience) has time to help me look through the BIOS. I hear that if you change 1 little thing it could severely disrupt and break your computer, so as seeing I've never personally looked in the BIOS myself, I'll check it out. Am I just looking for how much FSB the motherboard can take I'm assuming?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'll probably end up doing the BIOS check for options for the FSB around the time I make the processor purchase, pretty much guaranteed I'll buy the E6700. If there is no option for 1066 FSB or 1333 FSB I'll just BIOS update then. Since I'll have component cables for the Wii as well I probably won't need help with making my set-up, and I am going to take into account what you guys have said about the software, many thanks to everyone who helped, greatly appreciated.

Quote Quote  
  4. I only advocated a Proc upgrade IF you were going to be transcodeing Hi-def files. Now that you have FULLY explained your requirements EG std def from a wii then your existing proc is probably fine. I would not bother to upgrade an Emachine as they are built to function as one piece, maybe add a fast 7200rpm disk for extra storage space and reliability. The G41 is quite a reasonable mobo, I have one myself.
    You should get into the BIos just to see what options are in there .. just follow the instructions to "press ESC to exit" and dont save any changes
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote