VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I need to burn a DVD of a video file that is in .MP4 format. I am using a program called Burn (I am on Mac) - and it needs to convert the file to .MPG format before it can be burned onto a DVD. But after that conversion, the audio is out of sync with the video. I have tried using another program to convert to .MPG but Burn still insists on converting that file. I have no luck with iDVD... any other suggestions? I do have a PC if I need to use it for this.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using a PC, you could try AVStoDVD or FAVC to convert and author to DVD.

If audio and video are still out of sync, you might just need to set an audio delay. AVStoDVD also permits exporting audio and video as separate files for use with other authoring programs. You would use those with an authoring program, such as IFOEdit, Muxman, or DVDAuthorGUI, that allows setting an audio delay.

Imgburn (for PCs) will burn the folders produced by authoring to a DVD disc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help and welcome to the forums.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, Toast is another choice. However, if that MP4 is a bit strange, you may want to do an intermediate transcode into another format that might be friendlier to iDVD. Perhaps AIC (which MPEG Streamclip will do). Then you may verify that the sync is correct in that AIC file before dropping it into iDVD for the final conversion and authoring. (I know many folks don't like the additional transcoding but I say do what works.)
    Quote Quote