VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Do you attend your high school grad renuions?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't gone to any reunion but might attend the 35th one next year.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just too far to go, though I almost went to my 50th this year. Did finally send the requested one page 'resume.'
    Andrew Jackson: "It's a poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
    Quote Quote  
  3. I attended my 10th....and wont go to another as everyone was so "up themselves" about how well off they were, etc. It was just a get-together to see who could outdo each other...very dismal. It was nice to see a few people tho.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody I want to see from HS, I still see. The rest of them I don't miss. As soon as I had enough credits, I left to college and left HS far behind.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've gone to most of my HS class reunions, even the early ones. I did miss the 30th, but attended the picnic the following summer. I haven't yet heard whether or not there will be a 35th next year, but if there is and I can make it, I will go.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sad to report but I have outlived the lot
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm with Red on this, I still see a very few old classmates and don't miss the rest. Besides having outlived a good many.

[EDIT] Oh, I forgot: Nope and never will.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Venice High Class of ’62 – you might know it as Rydell High in the movie GREASE. I have been to the 10th, 20th, 25th, 30th, 35th, 40th, and 45th. After the 40th, we couldn’t stand to go a whole 5 years until the next one so we have had a 60th and 65th birthday party in a classmate’s backyard - complete with wood dancefloor. About 150-250 at the regular reunions, and 100-115 at the birthday parties. We still dance vigorously to that old time rock ‘n roll, but it’s getting difficult to get out of bed the next morning!
    Ph33r_This
    Yeah, the 10th was a real dud with everybody putting on airs trying to impress others with their status. It was almost enough to make me quit going. At the 20th and on we really didn’t give a rats ass, and just had fun – that’s the name of the game.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I went to our 40th a while back - great people, but the tour of our rather dilapidated high school was downright depressing (it was slated for demolition but has since been rescued). I'll go to another.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Sad to report but I have outlived the lot

Edit: I attended the 40th and a sad and sorry affair that was so by the time the 50th came around I didn't bother
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Haven't been to a single one yet. You tend to get "put off" from going when they get your name wrong on the invitation....and that was for the 5th year and 10th year reunions(right after school and long ago).
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have not attended one yet and don't plan to do. It's not my kind of thing and besides I hate that part where people brag of what they had accomplished after all these years.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My 10th year reunion will be next year. If it's local I'll probably go.
    Quote Quote