VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought a Hauppage 1600 TV Tuner card. I also installed the Win TV 7 software. I have an S-Video cable going from the output on my TIVO HD into the S-Video input on the Hauppauge card, along with a Y-Splitter going from the red/white audio output from the TIVO into the audio input on the Hauppauge card. I have Roxio 2011 and can capture through that software, so I know the card is working, but I can't figure out how to configure the Win TV 7 software so that it recognizes the signal and allows me to record within the Win TV 7 software. Do I have to have the actual cable TV connected to the card? I tried going into the Devices settings in Win TV 7 and selecting the External Inputs for the Tuner Setup, but whenever I try to 'Watch TV' it just says No Tuner Available.

Dell XPS Gen 2 Desktop
    Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz, 3.0 GB RAM
    Windows 7 32-bit
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's been a while since I played with WinTV7 but I think you have to assign a channel to the s-video port. Then select that channel to record.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jagabo, I think you're on to something there, because when I pull up 'Find A Channel' in Win TV 7 it has Channels 0, 1, 3, 5, 6 & 7 all showing (S-Video). However, I don't know what to do. Can anyone help my feeble mind wrap around what I need to do to get it functioning?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tuner's are not used for s-video input as it is considered a "static" source ... it is either there or not ... but for some rather odd reason Hauppage made this confusing by the need to "add" the channel ... so here's how.

In the WinTV application, click on the Menu button, then click Suite Manager. Choose Sources, and click on Composite source (or S-Video source). In the Channel Name box, type in a name for your video source and click the Save button.
    This will create a composite video channel (or S-Video channel) in your channel suite manager.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply, Bjs, but I think either we have different versions of WinTV7 or your menus are different because you are in Australia. I don't have the settings you outline in your post.

In addition, I launched my WinTV7 program today and I have a signal! However, the audio for some reason alternates between perfectly normal to low an tinny. I have no idea why.

Thankfully the video/audio sync is good. If anyone has ideas about the cause of my audio issue, I'd appreciate it.

Does anyone know why I show 9 different S-Video channels and 2 composite channels? I guess it's because I kept going through the setup. Can I delete some of them?
    Last edited by waldodiodio; 1st Nov 2010 at 18:19.
    Quote Quote