VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi -

I used to have the full Nero which I used to burn AVI files to blank dvds as a data file disc in the ISO format. I don't mean .iso files, I mean the format fo the file system on the disc. In full Nero you could choose Data-ISO or DATA-UDF for a data disc.

I allways used Data-ISO because I thought that was the standard way to do it and the discs played on all my dvd standalone players.

Discs burned in UDF file format only play on a couple of my standalone dvd players, which is a problem for me.

I don't have the full Nero anymore so I have tried a couple basic free alternatives. The free version of Nero (Nero Burnlite 10) and it does not even seem to offer the possibility of burning dvdrs the way I want them - they are always UDF. BurAware Free has something called "UDF-ISO Bridge" format that I can select. Is that the same as the old standby DVD-ISO in fill Nero? If not can anyone recommend a free burning software that does made regular ISO dvdrs?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Toastie View Post
    ... something called "UDF-ISO Bridge" format that I can select. Is that the same as the old standby DVD-ISO?
    "UDF-ISO Bridge" is a format with a double file system: both UDF 1.02 and ISO 9660. If a device wants either file system, it should handle the disc just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ImgBurn - Build mode - options tab lets you select whatever file system you like to use
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Fantastic! Thanks for both of your replies.
    Quote Quote