VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What is the best way to encode 1080i 25FPS h264 to 720p? The stream is 17Mbps and would like to get that somewhere 5Mbps.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use x264 encoder. Use it together with a gui like megui, hdconverttox, etc , use a high quality profile.
    Quote Quote  
  3. When I try to start encode it says NO VIDEO SEQUENCE HEADER FOUND, NO DATA CHECK YOUR PIDS? My original files are in .ts container.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is there more helpful sites than this? Havent got answers any of my questions really.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You must provide more information like what SOFTWARE are you using? What is the video codec in the ts file?

And this is not any blu-ray ripping conversion. Moving you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Can you open the media file in MPC and does it play ?

Do you have haali media splitter and ffdshow installed ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You must provide more information like what SOFTWARE are you using? What is the video codec in the ts file?

And this is not any blu-ray ripping conversion. Moving you.
    Software Megui. Video codec: h264 as in first post. Also you should add encoding to conversion section description.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Can you open the media file in MPC and does it play ?

Do you have haali media splitter and ffdshow installed ?
    Plays fine, yes those are installed.
    Quote Quote  
  9. post your avs script or the script that megui generated
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    post your avs script or the script that megui generated
    Where is that, the avisynth script part is empty in Megui?
    Quote Quote  
  11. ok create a script then

In notepad, write the following, save, change extension from .txt to .avs (change paths & filenames to match)

DirectShowSource("video.ts")

Load the .avs into megui, can you see the preview?

PS. megui might be more difficult to use if you are new to this, ripbot264 would be much easier
    Quote Quote  
  12. When I try to load script, it gives avisynth sript error. Directshowsource: could not open as video or audio...

Maybe i should try ripbot24.
    Quote Quote  
  13. What OS are you using? win7 ?

If so you need preferred filter tweaker to enable ffdshow

Do you have the correct paths and filenames?

DirectSHowSource("C:\...video.ts")
    Quote Quote  
  14. What source is the video from ? eg. HDTV cap ?

Re-wrap the video with tsmuxer first into .m2ts container, then try again (add=>m2ts muxing=> press start muxing)

DirectShowSource("PATH\video.m2ts")
    Quote Quote  
  15. Oh sorry, didn't understand. Now it loads preview, but is is grey. Same with ripbot.
    Quote Quote  
  16. answer ALL the questions above first , and did you try all the suggestions so far. Be specific
    Quote Quote  
  17. OS win7, HDTV cap.

I had preferred codec CoreAVC which decodes it perfectly, but noticed that ffdshow doesn't. Re-wrapping doesn't help.
    Quote Quote  
  18. you have tried both coreavc and ffdshow with preferred filter tweaker and neither work for the script ? did you try the tsmuxer re-wrap first ?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Megui loads ffdshow, even if I have selected preferred CoreAVC. And ffdshow doesn't work with the file, only CoreAVC works. Re-wrapping doesn't help.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Sorry, I don't know what's going on, but it sound like you have system conflict issues. Maybe try uninstalling ffdshow, then re-register coreavc and try again

You can try ffmpeg based converters e.g. mediacoder, format factory , but they often have issues with transport streams.

IF you cut a sample with tsmuxer (split & cut tab) and upload to a free hosting site (e.g. mediafire.com) someone can have a look to see if the stream itself is the problem (to rule out your system configuration being the problem)
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 1st Nov 2010 at 12:19.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thanks for the help, maybe I will try that.

Tried program called h.264 encoder and it encoded it without a problem, but it doesn't have really many options.

Because the h264 stream is interlaced 1920x1080, yet 25fps, what progressive size should I resize it?
    Quote Quote  
  22. You would normally deinterlace it first, then resize to 1280x720 if your goal was ~5Mb/s (5Mb/s is too low for 1920x1080)

If you don't deinterlace it first, you will get strange resize artifacts
    Quote Quote  
  23. Yeah, something like 720p. Also HDcoverttox opened and encoded file without problems. Do you have some setting suggestions for it?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Not sure, I haven't used hdconverttox before

But you should deinterlace, then resize to 1280x720 , try to find those filters in the program
    Quote Quote  
  25. Great program, hdconverttox. Used encode: 1280x720@25, interlaced deinterlace filter, x264 5Mbps 2pass extreme quality, audio copy. Got size to almost 1/4 and overall PQ actually seems better, without the interlace errors.

Thanks everybody for answers.
    Quote Quote