VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone, I just made an account here to ask a question about a frustrating issue I've been having.
    Sorry if this doesn't make complete sense, I'm no video expert.

Anyway, I like to create video game gameplay footage on my PCs to upload to YouTube, which are saved as .AVI files.
    Everything goes well until I have to transfer the files to my Macbook to do video editing/uploading. I've noticed the files are playing and uploading too dark.
    I just got a program called DivX, which plays the files perfectly fine, but now I need to get to the point at which I can upload the videos without color problems.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What do you edit with? Imovie? Try open in other editors in macos like mpeg streamclip or avidemux and see how it looks like. You can then maybe export to another format for imovie or whatever you use.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I am editing with iMovie '08, as well a FCE 4.
    I downloaded mpeg streamclip, and I noticed the videos looked better in it after being converted to .mp4 format. However, I noticed that exporting the original movie file using Final Cut Express to .mp4 also made it look better.(Exporting it to .mp4 in iMovie doesn't help)
    But then I compared them both to the same clip shown on my PC as an .avi file, and they both still looked darker.
    So even though I changed the format, I think the brightness still isn't quite right.
    Quote Quote